scammell pioneer SV2S recovery restoration

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

will try put some pics on in the morning, painted up one side of the rear body so can start on the other side. not made much progress really. been to see "ruggyjohn" from the forum who has our scammell and is re-bushing the rear axles for us, he has git it all stripped down its all going fine, he says they needed doing cause it was near to wearing the axle casing down.

• 3 weeks later...
i supplied a workshop and owners manual to the owner in Italy. Well i supplied A pioneer owner with manuals and i can't imagine theres many of them in Italy.

If you need manuals i can send them via email.

Richard

Dear Sir Richard !

Check Your PM box, please.

Regards,

modello.

• 4 weeks later...

hi all. we are holidaying in wells-next-the-sea this week and took a trip down to see someone with a lot of spares for trucks, and we bought a air cleaner,dash bored gauges,front towing hook/hitch,on engine oil filter and a metalastik coupling for the drive from engine to gearbox and two nearly new tyres and a regulator and a starter motor. the rear body one the first scammell is nearly done just one more box to make for one side and then a bit of painting, the scammell is still having the bronze bushings made for the rear axle.

john

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

hi all :)

we took off one of the Hub Caps today on the left hand side rocking beam to get to the large Nut that holds the brake drum on and when we took of the cap the like top hat shaped thing in middle of wheel a fair amount of oil dropped out... :/ would this be the leather oil seal in the hub?

John

So you mean you haven't got the drum off yet? In which case I don't think it would be seal because the seal is in behind the drum. Lucky you're at the same stage as me. Dad and I have just gone to start taking the drums off, we got the big nut off, and have made up a puller from a spare hub cap but the drum/hub won't budge. I don't know what to do now, and am somewhat pissed off.

Richard