Happy birthday HMVF!!!!!!

Jack

Hell yeah!

Happy birthday HMVF - 6 years ago today - I pressed the button to install HMVF (well a chum did as I had no idea how to do it) :whistle:

It has been a real game changer and what a wonderful place it has grown to be. Well done to every single member and to all the Mods past and present. I can still remember jumping up and down when we got to the dizzy heights of 10 members! We are now nearly 6500 members. Friendships made across the world and many experiences we have all had because of HMVF being here. If I recall correctly only three members have been asked to leave HMVF - not a bad reflection on the quality of the members of this hobby.

Lets keep going!

Best wishes to all,

Jack and the team!

Now if only we had not lost the dancing girls... :dancinggirls:

However, the most glorious day in HMVF's history was 24-11-2005 :angel:

Why - what happened? :coffee: Was that when Lee joined?

Well happy birthday HMVF and huge congratulations to all who have made it happen and used the forum since and in the future.

As a layydeeeee who really knows nothing about engines, the difference between series of vehicles, the size of tools (:nut:), or whether its post war or not! It can be quite daunting in the MV world, I stand around smiling as the cubed one discusses banjos, spanners and coils with a similarly dressed chap in the middle of a field somewhere in England or further afield. One thing that I have always noticed is that every one is warm and friendly towards myself and the cubelets. I have never felt pushed out or in the way during conversations (I might not understand a bleeding word you lot are saying though!!!!!) but can I just say thank you to those I have met and who have made me feel like a princess in a frogs world!!!!!!!!

I have met some truly fantastic people who I may only see once in a blue moon but they always have a smile and puckered lips!!!!!!!

Love you all guys :kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

right pass the bucket

blleeuuurrrrrggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday to us!!!!!!!

What I like about the forum is that we all help eachother, wether it is practical (moving things from one end of country to the other) or with words of advice on how to fix or find things.

A real community. Ok, we all have our bad times, but by and large we pull through.

Thank you Jack, Lee, Joris, Snapper and others for having the forsite, guts and fortitude to start and maintain this wonderful place.

TTFN

Mark

PS, I hear Jacks paying for the drinks in the clubhouse tonight? mines 2 bottles of 35year Malt please!!!!

Happy Birthday to us!!!!!!!

What I like about the forum is that we all help eachother, wether it is practical (moving things from one end of country to the other Love forever for that!!!) or with words of advice on how to fix or find things.

A real community. Ok, we all have our bad times, but by and large we pull through.

Thank you Jack, Lee, Joris, Snapper and others for having the forsite, guts and fortitude to start and maintain this wonderful place.

TTFN

Mark

PS, I hear Jacks paying for the drinks in the clubhouse tonight? mines 2 bottles of 35year Malt please!!!!

I wont be so cheeky and just have a bottle of champagne brandy please this one will do

http://www.thedrinkshop.com/products/nlpdetail.php?prodid=1887&afwinid=90909

:-D:-D:-D

So what's new? You been letting Jack near the buttons again? :D

You know what the say Jack, 'Act in haste, repent at lesiusre'.

Don'y worry about that Tony!

Lee tells me off if I even dare to go through the approval list of new members (reckons I let to many spammers through) Joris does his Dutch nut when I utter the words 'Joris I have a cracking idea.....' :-D

YEAH the drinks are on me in the Clubhouse!!

Don'y worry about that Tony!

Lee tells me off if I even dare to go through the approval list of new members (reckons I let to many spammers through) Joris does his Dutch nut when I utter the words 'Joris I have a cracking idea.....' :-D

YEAH the drinks are on me in the Clubhouse!!

Just thinking the Clubhouse must cover about 6000 acres by now. With golden turrets carpeted air conditioned workshops, the 'Pig' pen the Ferret enclosure the DUKW pond, not to mention the palatial Bike Sheds.

The topics apart from vehicles cover everything to do with military history, yes and the polotics, equipment from detasiled discussions on mugs and boots the intricaces of RRB60 ignitions. Where else can you get such a spread and tap to the world of knowledge. Thank you Jack. You may have opned Pandora's box, but the forum proves there was hope at the bottom.:tup::

Forgot to add, not to rest on his laurels, Jack then comes up with Pathfinder on line!

Edited by Tony B

Happy birthday

Thanks to all for making it welcoming and interesting.

And if Clive is right, with one of his latest acquisition we should all be in the club house toasting the day with pints of champagne.

Mike

Happy Birthday HMVF.

Thanks to all the leaders and mods - couldn't have done it without you - as they say.

Thanks to all the members who have helped to make the forum what it is.

All the advice, healthy arguements, giggles, tears and technical information makes the forum what it is.

Long live the forum.

Markheliops