Greetings - Pinzgauer owner - Isle of Man

Hi all

Finally got around to registering here after surfing for a while.

I've been into 4x4s and motorsport for years, but recently moved into military vehicles when I bought an ex-Swiss military Pinzgauer 712M (aka Gangrene), and I've been getting more and more interested in green machines. Just returned from my third visit to Beltring.:D

Love to get into tracked vehicles eventually, but that may have to wait a wee while.

Anyway, all the best

Dave S (aka Psychoman)

Welcome fella, how do you find your pinz?

Cheers, guys.

The Pinz is an interesting beast - strong off road, large loadbed for such a relatively small vehicle (even my 6x6 is only s little larger than a Disco or Rangy) and excellent build quality - mine's 30 years old and apart from some minor surface rust its in great condition, but then again it only came out of service a few years ago. Lots of nice history with it too - vehicle logs, original tools, snow chains, gun racks, etc. Good freak-factor too being a 6x6 and pretty unusual - you don't see many in the UK.

Downsides are that its expensive on parts (fortunately they don't break often!), noisy for long distance running, thirsty - mid teens mpg, and pretty slow - cruising speed is 55mph give or take - it'll go faster, but its not fun at much approaching the legal limit in the UK.

I bought mine after looking at things like 101 Landies and the like, but really liked the build quality of the Pinz and TBH a lot of the 101s about now seem very tired indeed.

G'Day + Welcome

Not many Pinz in here unfortunately. I would love to see an ex-MoD one kept that way with the armour kit etc

Yes I have the same affliction as 7 new tyres are arriving on Friday $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$