dragon wagon

numan

I could well be wrong but the little tracked machine looks like what was known as a CalfDozer.....basically a mini dozer..not sure who they were made by possibly Euclid or Chayside (?) ..lots of long gone earthmover companies such as them made what we'd nowadays call mini or compact machines in the late 50s thru the 60s.........

edit: google search reveals Calfdozers were made by Aveling Barford...there's a few photos of them about the www.....

nope...second thoughts ....yer right ...its a Ransomes...

Edited by RattlesnakeBob

hello,

I knew this location and the vehicles that were lying there, but never saw any photos of them. I hope that some vehicles will be preserved and that everything will not go to scrap. There might be a bit less than a dozen of M26 Pacific there...

P-O

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48522[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]48523[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]48524[/ATTACH]dragon wagons lying in lacalmette france the owner gone in to home the yard being cleared out:blush:

how did you know that the yard will be cleared out? I know someone in France who could try to save some vehicles.

P-O

It would be a shame to see these end up as scrap. I see one of still has the star visible on the front,I wonder if any unit markings survive? so few WWII vehicles have a known wartime history it would be an even greater shame to loose one if indeed the unit markings are on it.

• 1 month later...
This is the best looking Dragon Wagon. "ENTERPRISE". WYNN'S Pacific. Photo taken Great Dorset Steam Fair 2011[ATTACH=CONFIG]50523[/ATTACH]

Yeah, it's a nice machine. But it is horribly noisy and for such a big machine there's not much room for the driver.

indeed i just put 2 vids from the rear passenger seat of enterprise on you tube ,breif but you get the point when you veiw i cant find how to link them but search wynns pacific or my user name on you tube 51 explorer cheers andy

Yeah, it's a nice machine. But it is horribly noisy and for such a big machine there's not much room for the driver.