• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bloody hell man my heart missed a beat then!!!!!!! You know you can count on the cubes coming, how about cube in law?

Do you want the cubelets in an evacuee look? I purchased a US nurses dress at Overlord (calm down boys!) or would you prefer Rosie the Riveter look?

Yeah Cube In Law for sure!!!!

No worries about the cublets - no need to go to any extra expense unless you want to. OD's would be fine :)

cromwell restorations well on the way, just had the engine rebuilt and it sounds great so you can count on it being there along with the carrier, as for the road run on sunday i don't think you'll have any worries about the tanks going for a second day as most guys will want to get some use out of them as it's an awfully long way to go for a days drive !

looking forward to meeting everyone down there

all the best

rick

cromwell restorations well on the way, just had the engine rebuilt and it sounds great so you can count on it being there along with the carrier, as for the road run on sunday i don't think you'll have any worries about the tanks going for a second day as most guys will want to get some use out of them as it's an awfully long way to go for a days drive !

looking forward to meeting everyone down there

all the best

rick

That sounds great news Rick - but an issue we may have is it on rubbers or steels?

It's got rubber tyres on the roadwheels and so long as the ground pressure is low enough I was under the impression that was it. Rick could always smear some silcone sealer on the links and term them Resilient Steel Composite :)

The Universal Carrier in 2010 was on steel track and so was the Stuart, although it wasn't supposed to be! Oh, went through my Normandy 94 photos on Sunday and found a photo of that Stuart....had more rubber back then.

Edited by ajmac

A nice touch Jack giving priority to last years supporters:-) Also, is the Big Band do still on the cards over at Piddlehinton Camp, may be too much to cram in, but it all sounds superb. The floor manager at work books his holiday every year to coincide with veterans day as its a great sight to see and apparently they beach a landing craft as well as part of the atmosphere. That reminds me, Ummm bucket and spade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana:

It's got rubber tyres on the roadwheels and so long as the ground pressure is low enough I was under the impression that was it. Rick could always smear some silcone sealer on the links and term them Resilient Steel Composite :)

The Universal Carrier in 2010 was on steel track and so was the Stuart, although it wasn't supposed to be! Oh, went through my Normandy 94 photos on Sunday and found a photo of that Stuart....had more rubber back then.

I hear you but the Stuart did make some marks - but I think Adrian B pointed out - it would do a lot less damage if it was completely on steels as the ground pressure would be less. The Carrier caused no damage at all - bit of ice skating here and there!

A nice touch Jack giving priority to last years supporters:-) Also, is the Big Band do still on the cards over at Piddlehinton Camp, may be too much to cram in, but it all sounds superb. The floor manager at work books his holiday every year to coincide with veterans day as its a great sight to see and apparently they beach a landing craft as well as part of the atmosphere. That reminds me, Ummm bucket and spade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana:

No worries - I look at it like this - everyone who made the effort and took part made the event what it was. Everyone played such a big part - always reward loyalty and effort.

Jury is out on the big band bash as it could clash with what MNaW have planned but will know once we have all sat around the table again!

well im looking at a way of having a vehicle i can use to get the shopping with for next year event and still enjoy the event and getting a freezer for the event as well will make cooking easier

menu at the moment

friday night sheaperds pie veg and gravy plus desert

sat night sweet and sour chicken over rice/pots plus desert

sunday roast with pots veg and gravy plus desert

and breakfast egg,bacon,sausage and beans plus b&b

tea and coffee available at all time

if any vegitarians then omlets will be available

what does everyone think

Hi Jack ,

Thanks for posting the latest info on A and E , it sounds fantastic but putting my buisness head on for a miniute , i dont think a £20 per person fee is enough money for you to feed us for the weekend , supply showers and toilets , no one wants to pay over the odds but every one who attends wants to be there and dosnt expect you to subsidize in any shape or form , we all thought the food was fantastic last year and it was so easy with 118 doing the cooking , so dont worry if it needs to be more per person , the event is well worth it ,

Regards Adrian

jack

i'll second that, i don't think anyone would want you to pay for the rest of us out your own pocket especially as it's your gig and you thought it up. if anything we should be subbing you.

rick

Agree with both Adrian and Rick, you proved a point last year and lets hope A&E v2.0 is a little less stressful for you as the ground work is already done. If there are too many participants, perhaps the convoy could be comprised of different vehicles each day to keep the convoy length down and allow everyone is take part. It's only a thought as that many tracked vehicles (20ish did you say) will soon relegate the soft skins and that would be a shame as the composition of 2010 was (possibly by luck) really very good.

Putting my 'joe public' hat on, too many tracked vehicles on there own would get monotonous, what's that? Oh, it's another tank...

Edited by ajmac

• 2 months later...
Hello Jack,

Is it possible to participate in this event from overseas?

We would like to bring a T-16 (or M3A1 Stuart) and a M5A1 Stuart and maybe a M10 Achilles.

Thanks,

Auke

Afternoon Auke,

Blimey that is a convoy in its own right!!!

You are more than welcome too and would be happy to have you aboard. Could you be as kind as to drop me an email - info@pathfinderonline.co.uk as I need to run some stuff passed you.

Best wishes,

Jack.

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening Jack ,

Only 10 months to go now , not that ANY of us who took part last year are counting the days or months until next June !!! ,i just wondered if you had any updates on the lottery funding yet that you may be able to share with us , i do realise that more time may need to pass before your in a position to update us with any of that sort of info ??

Regards

Adrian

Morning Adrian,

Nothing to report back yet with regards Lottery Funding - its a long process :mad:

But we have had more tanks booked in :wow: and we have 3 'stars' from Band of Brothers would like to come for the weekend and ride with us :coffee:

Morning Adrian,

Nothing to report back yet with regards Lottery Funding - its a long process :mad:

But we have had more tanks booked in :wow: and we have 3 'stars' from Band of Brothers would like to come for the weekend and ride with us :coffee:

So....how many tanks have booked so far?