Lurking in the loft

mike65

Been up in the loft today to put some stuff up and had a quich look to see what was lurking around. Found a few things that might be of interest.

One tank transporter and a tank. Came as a set but I think there might be a scale discrepancy

Also found a couple of old games, you know the ones before computers, when you had board and some bits of card and plastic.

TANK BATTLE involves two opposing sides and if I remember correctly you need to get to the opposite side of the board and destroy your enemy on the way.

BATTLE OF BRITAIN probably self explanitory you need to shoot down German bombers with your Spitfire. THe bombers leave their airfields in France randomly controlled by spinning a pointer (direction and altitude) when they stop on a target it gets bombed.. The Players Spitfire is parked on an airfield and you need to decide when to take of, intercept and shoot down the bombers. Each turn you choose how you move and or change altitude until you come behind a bomber at the same altitude. Each turn involved turning the fuel wheel and of course you had to get back to an airfield before running out of fuel.

As you can guess I played this one more, hence I can remember how it works.

Mike

bb3.jpg

tb3.jpg

TB1.jpg

tb2.jpg

bb2.jpg

bb1.jpg

tt1.jpg

Thanks for thread. They look well looked after, as a matter of intrest do you know how old they are?

Andy.

They would have been somewhere around around mid 70's

Always seemed to look after stuff when I was a kid, parents were never well off.

Mind you always used to be able to have fun with sticks and chalk "hand grenades" and never fell out of that many trees.

Mike

The "Tank Battle" game was released in 1976, "Battle of Britain" in 1975.

The latter date is quite surprising, as I'd thought it would have been a tie in with the immortal BoB film from 1969, I remember getting the Dinky Toys Spitfire & Stuka for Christmas that year. The Stuka's bomb was probably lost by Boxing Day! It was metal and you could put a cap between the nose and body, so you got a "bang" when it hit hard ground.

Eeeeeh, nostalgia, it's not what it used to be.:D

Apparently back in the sands of time, I said my collecting policy would be around rotary stuff, however I have collected a number of fixed wing items,like Jaguar,Tornado,TSR2......I didn't realise how much space all these boxes take up....8x6 tongue and groove desres in the garden for me:nut:

Don't tell my missus, but, in my loft I'm collecting enough parts to build a supercharged B81 engine for my when my Saracen's B80 engine gives up, and a Mk1 Ferret........:nut::rotfl:-don't laugh! ...-I'm sure it can be done!