sharky

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

some more progress today .

as the picture above show we have been stripping the interior, so after much climbing up and down it is nearly done .

so today we decided it was time to remove the tracks so we could remove transmission to complete interior strip so heres some pics

Captain chaos applies some gentle heat to retaining wedges

08062011167.jpg

with tracks split we towed her forward

08062011168.jpg

08062011169.jpg

tracks removed and Captain chaos misses he cue to pose

08062011170.jpg

08062011171.jpg

rolled the tracks up for a later date left hand track is ok,but the right one has some dead links but in the words of baldrick "we have a cunning plan" ,more of which at a later date .

08062011173.jpg

cheers for looking

Iain

due to popular demand :laugh:

here we go .

After a lot of oxy/acet and even more bashed knuckles 2 of the suspension units have been removed ready to check and refurb

10062011183.jpg

10062011182.jpg

12062011197.jpg

13062011198.jpg

13062011199.jpg

suspension unit stripped

13062011200.jpg

discovered 1 broken spring and knackered wheel bearing seals.

Next we removed the transmission unit even more gas and even more skin loss

12062011186.jpg

12062011187.jpg

12062011188.jpg

12062011194.jpg

12062011192.jpg

the eagle eyed will noticed the tyres on the jcb think we may need to drain the oil and remove sprockets to shed a little weight it definately made the machine grunt.

12062011189.jpg

any questions as ever comments or questions welcome

Iain

the eagle eyed will noticed the tyres on the jcb think we may need to drain the oil and remove sprockets to shed a little weight it definately made the machine grunt.

I'm not surprised, the transmission assembly weighs over four tons....... That's a capable machine you have there!

four ton lift on the jcb so we were close.

About the same as the New Holland I use, provided the boom isn't extended. It does a good job of moaning if you overload it, with a buzzer and flashing red light saying "Stop"!

Andy

About the same as the New Holland I use, provided the boom isn't extended. It does a good job of moaning if you overload it, with a buzzer and flashing red light saying "Stop"!

Andy

Any machines built since October 2010 are subject to EN15000, if overloaded they will cut hydraulics, so keep hold of your old machines for jobs like this !

They may cut out but that is alot better than a hose going pop, i have seen this when we using an old volvo forks to lift and move several hysters, the back tyres of the volvo barely made a mark in the soft sand tho:nut:

• 4 months later...

Iain, first off my heartfelt thanks to yourself and everyone at Armourgeddon for hosting us so well Sunday before last. My wife had bought the tank paintballing voucher for my birthday, and she and the girls really enjoyed coming along and learning to fight in the tank battle! My particular thanks to yourself for taking the time to show me the Sherman in your workshop.

Since then I have been busy writing up Armourgeddon and its tank collection. The profile page for the collection is here. The complete collection page is here, but I'd like to go through each vehicle one by one with you to make sure I've got my facts right. The best place to start must be the Sherman:

Unique ID 1841: M4 (105) Sherman Tanks, Armourgeddon, Husbands Bosworth

IMG-6526_M4-105_Armourgn_AArchive_c.jpg

Please check it through and let me know if there's any more information you can add. Also, can I add a selection of your photos from this forum (I'll post to show what I've used each time)?

Sharky,

Great to see this M4(105) back!

Many Sherman tanks were used as Molotov cocktail training aids on Dutch ranges. Because of environmental concerns they were all removed 25 - 30 years ago. This one was deemed not recoverable, which is why it initially survived the so-called "Tank Slag" (tank battle), the clean up of the ranges.

Hanno, can you give a specific, or at least representative, location for this?

Edited by TrevorLarkum

Iain, first off my heartfelt thanks to yourself and everyone at Armourgeddon for hosting us so well Sunday before last. My wife had bought the tank paintballing voucher for my birthday, and she and the girls really enjoyed coming along and learning to fight in the tank battle! My particular thanks to yourself for taking the time to show me the Sherman in your workshop.

Since then I have been busy writing up Armourgeddon and its tank collection. The profile page for the collection is here. The complete collection page is here, but I'd like to go through each vehicle one by one with you to make sure I've got my facts right. The best place to start must be the Sherman:

Unique ID 1841: M4 (105) Sherman Tanks, Armourgeddon, Husbands Bosworth

IMG-6526_M4-105_Armourgn_AArchive_c.jpg

Please check it through and let me know if there's any more information you can add. Also, can I add a selection of your photos from this forum (I'll post to show what I've used each time)?

Hanno, can you give a specific, or at least representative, location for this?

Trevor ,

photos look good thanks for posting i will re post the link as a progress report if thats ok and feel free to use any of my previously posted photographs if you need . also any othe imfo you need dont hesitate to get in touch .

cheers and beers

Iain

http://preservedtanks.com/Profile.aspx?UniqueID=1841

please use the above link to some photographs taken by trevor larkum http://preservedtanks.com/Default.aspx

i have been a bit busy recently so havent had much time to post but i will post a full update with photos before xmas for those who are interested in the meantime visit Trevors site and have nosey around

many thanks

Iain

feel free to use any of my previously posted photographs if you need .

Thanks, Iain, I'll get on to it!

You should have seen it when it first came off the range, it was half full of that concoction!

Adrian, you wouldn't happen to have any pictures would you, by any chance? I have nothing before it appeared at Poteau.

Edited by TrevorLarkum

• 3 weeks later...

had a play with the engine over the weekend after a bit of trouble with the carb we managed to breath some life into it

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=2039825129979&set=vb.1674831134&type=2&theater

hope this works if not try looking here

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Armourgeddon-Tank-Paintball/166042203432839?ref=ts

cheers for looking

iain