Holt 75 coming up for auction

Great War truck

I have seen it working 3 years ago in Holland, very impressive machine! As for the value, there was a similar machine sold (I believe in Kent) some 8 years ago that stayed in the same barn since the 1920's. I think it sold for £ 65K, with a full restoration to carry out.

Marcel

S8302069a.JPG

hard to say. What would a fully restored sherman tank go for?

There was a Sherman at the same Tankfest as the Holt in photo taken. A complete restoration and paintjob, with ancillaries and the owners paid approx £200,000 i believe.

Is the price comparison similar due to age and rarity?

No museum will have the cash, i would have thought.

• 2 months later...

Just to put the record right, this particular Holt is owned by a very good friend and customer of mine. It was imported from the U.S. several years ago and its history is not entirely known but it certainly had not seen service with the WD during WW1 and hence when restored it was not finished in WD livery.

Richard Peskett.

According to the owner ,this Holt was built in 1917 to British army specification, but for some reason was never shipped out of the U.S. I have had a very good look round this machine and couldn't see a U.S. ordnance plate. Whoever buys this wondeful machine will need very deep pockets, although it has been converted to run on parrafin it only does 140 yards to the gallon!!!

According to the owner ,this Holt was built in 1917 to British army specification, but for some reason was never shipped out of the U.S. I have had a very good look round this machine and couldn't see a U.S. ordnance plate. Whoever buys this wondeful machine will need very deep pockets, although it has been converted to run on parrafin it only does 140 yards to the gallon!!!

lets see 1 gallon for 140 yards equals 420 feet 5280 feet in a mile divided by 420 equals 12.57 gallons per mile .... Must be other equipment that get even lower mileage I bet .