Stalwart nearly ready

paulob1

I am off to Sammys to collect my stalwart with its newly fitted engine. She will have a new Name on the side...mine...

anyway I will be travelling to Norfolk via the M25 and the M3 with a flat bed foden, if anyone wants anything transporting to norfolk let me know. I can carry maximum around 20 tons...truck is 12 tons..and the bed is about 30 foot long...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did it go? All ok i hope. :D

So have you taken it out for a play yet? I spun mine around the yard the other evening at work, had to turn it round in workshop so used it as an excuse to play.

Not had it down the road in the snow yet, think it would be interesting.

When you do play, dont forget the pictures and video! We all love piccy's and vid's :cool2:

Cheers

Shaun

bar grips give me no confidence in the snow at all...scary even...but no i have to collect my foden beavertail hopefully today if the weather is workable then drive to norfolk to collect...I cant imagine that will be fun in this weather...would not take much to have me stuck, but

the stolly is road legal, taxed and insured and could I suppose haul me out of anywhere, I will need a second driver...

will take some piccies once she is back...and during the journey...

Hi Paul..... I'll volunteer as 2nd driver, if you like..... I have a LGV2 (Class 2 HGV), licence,... and of course am used to 'hooning'* around in my Saracen.... (*hooning...-maybe NOT the right word to use....)

anyhow, I'm a willing and experienced volunteer....:-)

Hi Paul..... I'll volunteer as 2nd driver, if you like..... I have a LGV2 (Class 2 HGV), licence,... and of course am used to 'hooning'* around in my Saracen.... (*hooning...-maybe NOT the right word to use....)

anyhow, I'm a willing and experienced volunteer....:-)

oilly thanks for that...looks like it is all going to be on hold, stolly is done but foden not so its now wait until January. Damn annoying but thats life...I did not fancy the trip in this weather at all...

• 1 month later...

Did you get her sorted paul?

Although now you have missed playing in the snow! ( it seems to do nothing but pee it down over here at moment)

Few weeks ago down in my village was few feet of water in the flooding, would only just about come to top of wheels on the stolly! But i was tempted! :-D

Shaun

had the minor pectoral muscle moved from my chest to my arm to connect it to my weakened bicep to make it work. hopefully this is the penultimate operation, 5 so far, to fix my arm as best it can be after the stupid lady who pulled in front of me when on my motorbike,nearly killed me.

I am lucky to be alive.....makes me even happier than normal...

bad news is I have had an allergic reaction to something,pos the anaesthetic or the dressing and am now covered, whole body, in a very very itchy rash......

looks like its sorted now....I wont be able to drive until at least end of next week, maybe longer, but Mark has been ill, is now better and off to collect stolly, stolly 2 will be ready in a couple of weeks and I should be fit to go then. also got to collect a 434 next week or likely the second week of feb...if I cant drive by then I will be buggered...

• 2 weeks later...

oh no collection of the stollies is the 23rd, the day after I am set free from my bonds....will be very tricky...but if I use the daf it will be easy as no gear change. Then I am off to buy at least two more..and then convert at least one more to diesel, so 3 diesel two petrol....also after a petrol 432 but I am completely full with vehicles, now need to get more land..am looking,...

stolly 2 being prepared.

Stalwart_Paulwart_preparing_to_paint.jpg

Stalwart_Paulwart_LHS_hull_in_body_schutz.jpg

new tyres monsters..

Stalwart_Paulwart_monster_tyre_fitted.jpg