Attention Saladin, Dingo and Ferret owners - New in - service pictures available

Fugly

Hello

May have some in service pictures of :

Herford.

Saladin 06BB91 (brand new off the train!)

Saladin 06BB95 ditto

Dingo 13ZS69

Daimler 86ZR99

Saracen 30BA42

Aden.

Ferret 08BB80

Ferret 00CA71

Ferret 08BB52

Ferret 00CA90

I will receive them soon off an ex - serviceman , will forward to any interested owners.

Any takers ?:nut:

Hello

Herford.

Saladin 06BB95 ditto

Dingo 13ZS69

Daimler 86ZR99

Saracen 30BA42

Aden.

Ferret 08BB80

Ferret 00CA71

Ferret 08BB52

Ferret 00CA90

I will receive them soon off an ex - serviceman , will forward to any interested owners.

Would like to see them when you get them Jim, I had a Saladin Once. I always thought they were a Handsome looking vehiicle, though impracticable for our purposes. Buy hey, when has 'Imparacticable' ever meant anything sensible to us Military Vehicle owners!

Would like to see them when you get them Jim, I had a Saladin Once. I always thought they were a Handsome looking vehiicle, though impracticable for our purposes. Buy hey, when has 'Imparacticable' ever meant anything sensible to us Military Vehicle owners!

:-D "impractical" ??? What does that mean ;) I consider that for entering a war zone a Saladin would be very practical. Not so hot down at Sainsbury's.

I am being sent the photos , as soon as they arrive I will post them,

Jim

• 1 month later...
Spelling corrected. Apologies

I will assume 86 ZR 99 is a Staghound, but the other photos I have seen had a sloping front turret and twin hull hatches. Is this a different mark or have I completely misidentified the vehicle? Bob

Bob,

86 ZR 99 is a Daimler armoured car.

Chrs

Hello

Herford.

Saladin 06BB95 ditto

Dingo 13ZS69

Daimler 86ZR99

Saracen 30BA42

Aden.

Ferret 08BB80

Ferret 00CA71

Ferret 08BB52

Ferret 00CA90

Hi Jim

I'd like to see Ferrets 00CA71 and 00CA90 please :-)

Cheers

Matt

00ca71.jpg

Can't remember where I got it from so its not on the site but have a look below you might find more.Five years plus of saving so should be in some sort of order as well. I have a load more to upload and ask if I can use them on the site (I've kept records of where I've saved them from).

http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g147/ferrettkitt/Daimler%20Ferret/

Edited by ferrettkitt

Hi Jim

I'd like to see Ferrets 00CA71 and 00CA90 please :-)

Cheers

Matt

Here they are ! Hope it is 00CA71 (gained a turret??) May be its 00CA21 ?? hard to read the number plate.

Please forgive me if I have misread it !

00CA71.jpg

00CA90.jpg

Edited by Fugly

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lewis

I hope you dont mind but ive taken copies your daimler photo's and will be adding them to my own site.

http://www.daimler-fighting-vehicles.co.uk/index.html

If you could give some details of the dates they were taken, the specific dragoons regiment, (1st RD or 2nd Scotts Greys RD?) what they were doing or where they were.

That would be great.

They will be added at the following localtion and full credit given

http://daimler-fighting-vehicles.co.uk/DFV-File%20Part%20D003a-RAC-COL%20Dragoons.pdf

I believe i have the largest unified and collated collection of Dingo and DAC photos anywhere.

These are being used to try and establish the service history of the 250 surviving vehicles. And also to record the expolits of those who bravely served in them.

Many thanks

singe

(hello Richard - hope your well)

Here are some of Ferrets (2/3) and Saladins at the Queen's Birthday Parade in Hong Kong in April, 1967. The unit was B Suadron, The Life Guards, on detachment from Singapore due to the Red Guard problems prevalent then. They were based at Sek Kong in the New Territories.

Bild001.jpg

Bild024.jpg