One more in the bag !

Latest addition to the collection arrived today, unfortunately after being dry stored for donkeys years it got extremely wet due to the British climate.The gun is a Canadian 3.7 heavy AA gun built by Genelco,I believe it to be ex-portugees and most probably bought back to the UK in the late 1980's.

It will be restored..................one day !!!!

Rob.......................rnixartillery.

2010_09290006.jpg

2010_09290010.jpg

2010_09290011.jpg

2010_09290009.jpg

When would this have been built? Remarkably complete!

The gun has all of its brass plates still attached which is quite a rarity but they don't have the date of manufacture stamped on them just serial marks,It looks like it was built in 42 though.

I'm sure when I take it to bits it will tell me more ! :sweat:

Rob...................rnixartillery.

Rob,

silly question, but at the uk price of scrap how do you keep such heavy items secure from the pikeys? I see caravans encroaching in the background. . . .

R:-D

A Rottweiler and a baseball bat seems to do the trick ............................!

hi rob

looks to be very complete and a handsome looking bit of kit, did you reach your target for gun aquisitions ?

eddy

Yes Eddy,quota this year met.

There are a few more artillery pieces I would like to find but space is an issue,I would also like to get into Horse drawn Artillery and these pieces demand higher prices.

Did you ever get out to Poland ?

Rob..................rnixartillery.

rnixartillery

would also like to get into Horse drawn Artillery and these pieces demand higher prices.

Do you mean horse drawn as in 13pdr RHA, unmodified Mle 1897 and other WW1 types or are you going for the victorian and US civil war type - muzzle loaders etc like M1841 and M1857s?

Steve

Do you mean horse drawn as in 13pdr RHA, unmodified Mle 1897 and other WW1 types or are you going for the victorian and US civil war type - muzzle loaders etc like M1841 and M1857s?

Steve

Steve

I would like to aquire a couple of WWI artillery pieces to add to the collection,preferably British Guns.

My goal is to have a collection of Artillery from the past 100 years.

I have a couple of leads to follow but like many before they have been a wild goose chase !

Rob.........................rnixartillery.

In the third pic down at the rear of the cradle it looks like the round plate has the GE emblem....is that what it is or is it something else???

Frank

Yes Frank you are correct that is the General Electric emblem visable and its solid brass so should polish up nicely.

That I liked. When are you getting a MAT to pull it?

Mike, I only have space for the Guns !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob........................rnixartillery.

• 2 months later...