Depot Moane, Kongsberg, Norway aug 27-29th

At the meeting at Moane this year there were ww2 trailers for sale. This is american property being sold to the members of the historic military vehicles socity of Norway. All trailers sold with end user agreements, which means they're not to be sold to others after. The agreement also states that the club is co-owner of the trailers and that the owners have to remain mebers as long as they have the trailers. This is pretty much the same as with the M6 trucks sold earlier. I believe this was the third of these sales. Trailers in all kind of condition.

IMG_9595.jpg

IMG_9587.jpg

IMG_9604.jpg

IMG_9603.jpg

IMG_9585.jpg

IMG_9599.jpg

IMG_9621.jpg

IMG_9618.jpg

IMG_9616.jpg

IMG_9624.jpg

IMG_9625.jpg

IMG_9586.jpg

Marty

In the current climate of terrorism and the like I am so glad that the US military is keeping such a diligent control of such lethal items as these trailers, god forbid that they should fall into the wrong hands and becoming a danger to the public.

Just boggles my tiny mind as to what they will put and end user certificate on next. Makes me glad I am into British kit.

R

While the pressed steel cab might be a difficult find (although it may have alot of similarities with Steyr trucks) there was a fairly common einheits cab of wood and cardboard and of course a simple flat plate armoured version used as a weapons carrier, both would not be beyond fabrication without heavy machinery.