Combined Ops 2010

Well i went today. Didn't seem as busy vehicle wise as last year. But then i suspect that 90% of that was down to the unpredictable weather.Still plenty there. And seemed like a lot more public than last year.

I think it wont be long before it does outgrow the venue. I took the Jeep this time. I still surprises people when i tell them it was restored 22 years ago. They think it has only just been done. Shame i cant tell my old man as he passed away in June.

Anyway met and had a chat with Forum member Cripp. Always nice to have a chat with him. Saw heliops in the arena playing with an FV180. Came across Griff66,s Ferret. But no sign of him. Good show and enjoyable day.Heres looking forward to the pics....:thumbsup:

Back home after two and a half days at the show. Without a doubt a heap more vehicles than last year, this was born out by the amount of space taken up in the field compared to last year. Weather of Friday PM and Saturday was not to good, but nothing can be done about that, it did not deter. I caught up with a lot of people there, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

A great venue, and so near to home for me. Hope it continues, I saw a notice on the exit with next years date on it.

Great to see you there Richard, apologies for not being able to chat for long! It was all going on at once!

Marheliops; great to see you, sorry didnt take you up on the offer of a brew, hopefully next time!

Great show, little bit thin on vehicle parts dealers, but really good vehicle numbers. The Spitfire and Hurricane flypast made it for me.

Arrived home last night from Combined Ops show.

Had a great time as this show seems a lot more relaxed than most?

Arrived Friday about 1100 after a leisurely hours drive from the farm. Actually, I was driving along thinking what a nice drive it was with no rush to get there.

Lee and Ian reserved a space for me next to them. Many thanks guys.

I set up and settled down to wait for the in coming weather - and it didn’t disappoint. Come Friday afternoon it hammered down - but then again we knew it was coming.

Debs (Naughty nurse) arrived Friday evening which was a nice surprise as I wasn’t expecting her till at least Saturday evening.

The show was building up nicely even though the predicted weather for Saturday wasn’t good.

Was woken early Saturday morning (about 1am) by the Love Trailer rocking from side to side. About 5 minutes after I could hear Lee and Harry giggling like two naughty children. I questioned Lee in the morning about the incident and he protested his innocence - you won’t convince me it wasn’t you Lee - even if you can‘t remember the incident!

By time the show started Saturday morning the fields were full with MV’s and surprisingly enough - lots of public. I don’t think the weather had put many people off. Yes, the rain came with a vengeance. I had rivers running off the trailer fly sheet so in between downpours - I made it out and about to the stalls. When the sun peeked out from behind the clouds it was rather nice - but it didn’t last long. It was a shame but didn’t really make much difference to me. I was there and like everyone else made the most of it.

Saturday night was good fun with the beer tent full and the disco in full swing. The beer prices were a bit high for most so I, like many other people took their own drinks. I must comment - if beer tents organisers do not wish people to take their own drinks then they should price their drinks accordingly. The disco was great fun. The highlight for me was when Debs tried to grab Lee on to the dance floor only for him to react like a cornered rabbit and squeal like a pig. I’ve never seen Lee move so fast before! Debs doesn’t normally get that reaction. Lee - hang your head in shame.

Lee, Harry and Ian played their usual tricks during the evening so I duly decorated their tents and cam nets with helium balloons and stuffed objects into their sleeping bags. Hope you slept well chaps!

Woke Sunday to the sun shining. More MV’s arrived. Lots more public too. I had a play in the arena towing Mark’s CET - odd tow bar attachments on them - it took me and Lee at least 15 minutes to put together an odd assortment of shackles and attachments to attach to A-frame. Still it held together so it couldn’t have been that bad.

Met up with many forum members at the show. Great to sit down and chew the fat with you all.

To top off a great weekend the Ward La France won Best Heavy Vehicle which was very pleasing as there were some nice vehicles there.

I agree with others when they say the show was far busier than last year. More MV’s and far more public.

The aircraft were many and well received. Lovely sight and sound of the P51, Spitfire and Hurricane flying above. The models planes and jets were great to watch.

I don’t have any moans as I think the show was well organised and run. No idiots spoiled the event and there was plenty to see. I expect there will be some alterations to next years show but for those who haven’t attended I suggest you come along next year.

Well done to IMPS.

Heliops

Edited by Markheliops

Our first time at this show. Really impressed with the welcome and organsation, total difference to Essex MVT Show last week!!! They could learn a lot from IMPs, especially when it comes to one of the MVT's commentators, I won't name names but the public want to learn about the vehicles not who's who of local mayors!

Well done IMP's and look forward to next year's event!

One of the Living History lads had their folding para bike nicked during the show, probably by someone who didn't know it's importance, just saw it as just another bike, they took the dutch version & left the two brit folding bikes next to it.

Cracking event, good to see those that I did, would have liked to get round for more chat time, but time just flew by. I had a great pitch, and the facilities were excellent. The Saturday night buffet was fantastic. More food than you could shake a stick at and all of it excellent. Well worth a fiver. The evening entertainment was first class, particularly enjoyed watching the Austin Powers fella busting his moves :D.

A few pics I took though it seemed it was either raining or the wind was a blowing every time I wanted to snap a pic.

Hurricane after landing

Hurricane pilot Anna Walker

P51 Mustang

Tiger Moths in formation

Lancaster heading home

And finally some bloke who got in the way of my zoom shot :D

All in all a very good show with a really good mix of vehicles and aircraft. we even got to do a little bit of traffic marshalling :-D

Though perhaps next year would like to see a few more or larger stalls but either way definitely coming again next year.

Cheers

P1020403.jpg

P1020413.jpg

P1020411.jpg

P1020406.jpg

lancaster.jpg

P1020417.jpg

That will be me then - just before I fell off the truck whilst trying to shoot video of the Spitfire.

Joking aside - I have some serious bruises down my left arm where I rather stupidly tried to arrest my decent by grabbing hold of something on the way down.

DebsAEpics003.jpg

Why do we do that - should have just let myself free fall.

Edited by Markheliops

was a great event,......impressive bruise, Mark,..........almost as good as your dance moves, :D yes, there is photographic evidence,:cool2:

Great to bump into those forum dwellers I bumped into, - thanks for the beers on sat night, Lee and Ian.......the sight of you and Naughty Nurse wandering off, 'love trailer' way, towing half a dozen balloons, same night, Mark, watching Paul Not win the raffle :cool2:, etc, etc etc.

Heres to next year.

Andy