Duxford Military Vehicle Show !

The 6th of June is now confirmed as the date for this year's Duxford Military Vehicle Show. More details will follow during the next couple of weeks. Please update you calendars!

The 2010 Military Vehicle Show is commemorating the D-Day Landings of 6th June 1944, with military vehicles of all shapes and sizes. Exhibitors will be able to:[/Quote]

• display their vehicles in a special area between the American Air Museum and the Land Warfare Hall
  • join the traditional cavalcade around the airfield, including driving along Duxford’s historic runway
  • watch tank demonstrations in the arena at 3.30pm, after which there will be an opportunity for exhibitors to take their own vehicles around the arena, at their own risk!
  • ride in an AFV 432 in the morning (£5 per head- a minimum height restriction applies)
  • visit the various militaria related trade stands located within the display area

Additionally, MAFVA will again hold their National Championships at the event plus a Military & Aviation Book Fair will take place within the American Air Museum during the day (run by the Provincial Booksellers Fair Association).

As always, the museum is open for all exhibitors and their guests to enjoy, including the UK’s largest D-Day Landing exhibition in the Land Warfare Hall. The show ends at 5pm and the museum closes at 6.pm.

Please note: All activities/events/participants are subject to change without notice

[/Quote]

Vehicle owners wishing to exhibit shoud apply before the 30th April for free entry.

Camping is also available for those exhibiting

COME AND CAMP AT DUXFORD!

Special Offer! Camping is available on site at Duxford for the night of 5th June for just £6 per person! This will include:

• an exclusive camping area, near Duxford’s renowned Land Warfare Hall,
  • a private access gate to allow you venture off site in the evening.
  • admission to the Military Vehicle Show on Sunday 6th,
  • access to the whole of Duxford’s award winning Museum after 1200 on the 5th June, which is a saving of £16.50!

This is the only event at Duxford which offers public camping, so don’t miss out on this unique opoportunity! Why not split your journey, stay overnight at Duxford, and enjoy the 2010 Duxford Military Vehicle Show. For further details please see the attached booking form, or visit http://duxford.iwm.org.uk. Please note that camping is by advance booking only.

At the moment I'm trying to organise something for the Saturday evening while we've got a collection of owners camping over. Ideas are welcome and I'll post more info as and when I have it.

Hope to see you there!

Lauren

Entry-Form-2010-final.pdf

Edited by Lauren Child
Added information

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Just a quick reminder - we are coming up to the last week for registration. Let me know if you have any queries!

got my pass today :yay::yay:however, I want to bring my 90 instead how, how can I change it?

Mark

• 1 month later...

yep, a really enjoyable day, took plenty of piccys, will post a few tomorrow.

Really pleased with the 90, 70mph most of the way down!!!!

Was photographing the tanks in the playpen when the F86 sabre shot over the top of me :argh::argh:, fortunatly I got it at the end of the runway when it was taxying in.

Congrats to all the show team for a very enjoyable and relaxed day

TTFN

Mark

Me and the family had a great day. The only downer was stuck in the traffic coming home over the QE2 due to the Blackwall tunnel being shut.

Managed to pull 72mph in the 101 on the cavalcade. The O/D really does make a difference.

Hi My Lord , surely you didn't exceed the airfield speed limit ! :angel: I was stuck in the traffic at Dartford too ! Bloody toll booths , it was clear as soon as we got past them ! :banghead::banghead::banghead: Didn't it pour down on the way home ! Didn't envy anyone without a windscreen !:shocked:

Hi My Lord , surely you didn't exceed the airfield speed limit ! :angel: I was stuck in the traffic at Dartford too ! Bloody toll booths , it was clear as soon as we got past them ! :banghead::banghead::banghead: Didn't it pour down on the way home ! Didn't envy anyone without a windscreen !:shocked:
I missed the rain. I left just after the cavalcade. If the southbound entry to the blackwall had been open,then i dont think it would have been as bad.

B.t.w.I'm sure i saw John Blackman on the back of a truck taking pics during the cavalcade. Maybe some of us will appear in next months CMV...:thumbsup:

Edited by Lord Burley