Food, loos, showers & the 15 quid

OK folks,

You may remember that at the beginning I said th help put on such an event I would have to charge folks just £15 and this would cover breakfast, loos and showers... http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?14379-A-amp-E-please-read

Now believe it or not that has been a certain amount of resistence to this idea/concept. It has ruffled some feathers. In fairness many have paid the £15 because of the benefits of that but does leave me with a bit of a dilema.

As I said in the above link - I am willing to take the risk to do things differently and showers and breakfast seems a great way forward but not everyone agrees - which is also fair comment.

But it was important to us that everyone had a great chilled weekend. And by having breakfast each morning meant that we could all get together at once and meet up and a good place for us to having the morning brief.....

Also it has just come clear that some still want the showers as it is good for the familes and ladies (and Bodge) and it is also a good thing for the tanks crews who will undoubty be covered with grease and sweat - it is all dirty work.

So what are we going to do?

Do you want showers and breakfast?

Chef Dave and I had a chat this afternoon with a way around the catering......

So over to you guys.

Give me your feedback on the £15, showers and catering.

Edited by Marmite!!
Title formatting..

I am happy to £15 for the weekend Jack, could spend that in an evening on burger and chips when an event is on!!!

I have around 8 people coming (Tony P + friends amongst them) and all are happy to pay £15 per head.

May I suggest those that are happy to pay have a stamp on the back of their hand (like Malvern re-admission system) and are aloud entry in to the inner sanctum (breakfast, banter and char/coffee etc) and those who haven't are the great unwashed and starving!!!

Just my thoughts (£15 for a whole weekend of fun, cmon guys that is surely worth it)!!!

Keith

Jack sound dandy matey, stick Mick and myself down for food. Only smelly people wash HEHE. Just one other thing, do we need to be dressed in WW2 get-up? I only have a German helmet. Walking around in all my glory with just a helmet on may caurse some swooning and passing out.

25r30wi.gif

Tony.

A couple of friends with tanks have objected to me about the £15 on principle, it's not the money. They see it as a problem because they are spending a lot of money to attend and are fairly self contained or indeed have a large party so it would be a reasonably large sum.

I have tried to point out that the camping area is purely for our benefit and there will be no public admission let alone income from the public but they are unmoved. The breakfast will be seen by some as something they do not want as self catering is very well organised by many!

I don't like the idea of a hand stamp but I'm not sure how best to do this. I'm happy to pay but also happy to do my own thing, I have a shower but good loos are worth their weight!

ok as there seems to be some disputes about paying for food and facilities

i will tell you about the idea that jack and myself talked about yesterday

the mess will be run the same way as the cyprus mess is done at the bunker bash

you let us know how many will require meals in advance and i supply the meals with you paying a donation for the meals with the surplus going to help for heroes

as it is the no4 field kitchen can cook for up to 200

meals will consit of

friday pm shepards pie and veg with gravy fruit and custard

sat am breakfast sausage bacon egg beans b&B

sat evening sweet and sour chicken rice/mash crumble and custard

sun am breakfast

sun pm roast to be confirmed sponge and custard

tea/coffee at all meals and a vegitarian option to be decided

now we could do this as a set charge or as said donations at each meal or a one off donation which would give you a meal pass

for those who took out the pathfinder subscrition jack will contact you about your passes

hot water will be available for taking away for washing

toilets and showers are seperate ameniteis from the cookhouse

i hope this explains a bit about what is offered

plus we thought about the mess tent can be used for briefings in the mornings before all the runs

Hi Jack -

I am intending to bring the love trailer with my own power shower, loo, etc.

I still have no problem in paying £15 a head for me and the naughty nurse - Seems a fair price to pay.

Adrian old bean - If a couple of your tank owning buddies would like a breakdown of my expenditure incurred to attend this event - I'd quite happily forward it to you.

They are right about one thing though - It is the principle and not the money.

I know there are some armoured owners (some, not all) who tend to think they are "the special ones" but to be honest mate - whether you are attending with a jeep, GMC, Ward La France or hot-footing it to A&E, I think it only fair the costs for a bit of luxury should be shared amongst us all.

It's not what you are bringing to A&E that matters - it's the sense of doing something special with a group of like minded people.

Tank owners like the rest of us need to use toilets, take showers and eat - or maybe they don't.

£15 per head is not a huge amount to cough up.

What say you mate?

Markheliops

Mark, you seem to be under the impression I have a problem with the £15, I don't. Re-read my post and you'll see I have been trying to explain to my friends that I feel their objection is unfounded.

I am quite happy to pay for proper showers and toilets.

Mark, you seem to be under the impression I have a problem with the £15, I don't. Re-read my post and you'll see I have been trying to explain to my friends that I feel their objection is unfounded.

I am quite happy to pay for proper showers and toilets.

Adrian -

Haven't mis-read your post mate and I know you don't have a problem with the fee -

I was referring to your armoured friends.

If they object to the fee due to the fact they won't use the facilities - that's fair enough.

But if they are objecting on the basis of costs incurred due to them bringing armour - then I would say it's a boat we are all in, whether we are bringing a tank or wheeled vehicles.

No finger pointing involved Adrian - especially at you - cos you're okay - as tankies go!!! XXX.

Markheliops

Edited by Markheliops

Mark, sorry mate, looks like it was me that was misreading!

To be honest, I'm not sure what the objection is. One certainly has a large party with family etc so it will be a reasonable sum but still worth it I would have thought. They are both generous good guys so it's not the money, I guess they just don't agree in principal.

Anyway, we'll be there, so I look forward to having a beer with you. :thumbsup:

No worries mate - you're buying then. x

I don't give a hoot cos my love trailer has it's own power shower and loo but like you, I don't mind paying a fee so other people can enjoy a shower - otherwise there will be a bl--dy long queue outside the love trailer.

For 1 or 2 nights I could go without a shower and wash up in the tent. Crappers are a must, but I do have a bucket and shovel at a push. £15 for the food alone must be worth it. Where else could you get that amount of nosh for that price.

Jack sound dandy matey, stick Mick and myself down for food. Only smelly people wash HEHE. Just one other thing, do we need to be dressed in WW2 get-up? I only have a German helmet. Walking around in all my glory with just a helmet on may caurse some swooning and passing out.

25r30wi.gif

Tony.

May be O.K if your re-enacting german Feuer-wehr ground crew or demonstrating the theory of gravity :-X

but not for A&E

Der stahlhem kid

There was me asking about how to get in without paying the £15 as I subscribed to Pathfinder.... after reading this (and my wife reading it too) I feel like a bit of an idiot. So I am booking tickets tomorrow, in the scheme of things it's not a lot to pay.

I for one certainly don't mind paying the 15 quid. Food, loos and showers aside, think of all the time Jack and the team have/will put into this, and theres no public entry fees coming in.

Jack,

I've filled out the form on the A&E website and had the automatic response, where should I send the money to?

Richard

I'm with Mark, irrespective of what vehicle you choose to own and operate there are costs involved for everyone some more than others but thats life. To my mind we appreciate these vehicles for what they represent and the enjoyment they give us, not for obtaining a position of heirachy over others in the movement. My impression is that Jack is striving to achieve a good thing for everyone and an event that is "politics" free, if £15 a head assists him in putting his time and effort into organising the weekend and you get loos, food and showers plus everything else that makes these events work then it is nothing short of good value. Looking forward to it!

There was me asking about how to get in without paying the £15 as I subscribed to Pathfinder.... after reading this (and my wife reading it too) I feel like a bit of an idiot. So I am booking tickets tomorrow, in the scheme of things it's not a lot to pay.

Ok, note exactly 'tomorrow' but paid for three tickets yesterday, I'm on call for a fortnight thus feeling flush.

I for one certainly don't mind paying the 15 quid. Food, loos and showers aside, think of all the time Jack and the team have/will put into this, and theres no public entry fees coming in.

Jack,

I've filled out the form on the A&E website and had the automatic response, where should I send the money to?

Richard

Hi Richard - do you have PayPal and is that Matador done yet?!