becoming a saracenier

haybaggerman

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well done mate looks a lot tidier than mine when i got it!!!

Thanks mate

Does yours have an intercom on board? I was told you need the whole radio for a larkspur one to run, but only a couple of bits for a clansman.

Definitely need one I think, wouldn't want to do a T junction on my own.

Thanks mate

Does yours have an intercom on board? I was told you need the whole radio for a larkspur one to run, but only a couple of bits for a clansman.

Definitely need one I think, wouldn't want to do a T junction on my own.

i put the clansman intercom in mine as i don't have any radio equipment at the moment,it was easy to install and saved alot of shouting.got it from green machine surplus a few years ago came with 2 headsets and all the other bits needed to install.cost about £130

Yes, I'll put something in the WANTED ads when she arrives and I've had a proper look around. Hopefully there is alot of cheap clansman stuff about at the moment.

I see yours is a mk 5 acv as well, how much do you rely on the vision blocks when you are driving as mine need replacing. Might have to use perspex or something.

Fair play,

I've been looking at some photos of your saracen at the pageant, she looks great, really nice finish.

But, maybe one for stupid question part of forum, what are the extensions on the roof for? The one on the back is for the penthouse extension, but were there other canvass extensions for the sides as well, or are they just to store more stuff on the roof with?

I'm limiting myself to three questions at a time before I bore other saracen owners off the forum.

Thanks for your help

Paul

I made up some new vision blocks, with bent sheet galvanised sheet steel, and for glass I used 2 sheets of laminated windscreen glass cut to size with a spacer between them. The insides of the metal surround was painted matt black, the outside was done in Deep Bronze Green, when refitted, they are almost indistinguishable from the genuine article, other than that you can see through them!...still have blindspots on some 'T' Junctions though -cost was about £10 for the glass, and £5 for the steel...

this the only photo i can find of the interior at the mo but it gives an idea.

cameraphotos326.jpg

Mine is exactly the same, same stowage/table fittings, but hasn't got animal in it. Also, the batteries have been moved to under the bench seat at the rear. Do you find the partition behind the radios gets in he way, mine has been removed but is included in the sale.

Thanks for the photo

Cheers

Paul

Edited: having re read your post, is this the inside of the other guy's saracen?

Edited by haybaggerman

Mine is exactly the same, same stowage/table fittings, but hasn't got animal in it. Also, the batteries have been moved to under the bench seat at the rear. Do you find the partition behind the radios gets in he way, mine has been removed but is included in the sale.

Thanks for the photo

Cheers

Paul

Edited: having re read your post, is this the inside of the other guy's saracen?

yep this is the interior of one of the others that took part in the pageant,mines alot emptier

• 3 months later...