Email virus

Jack

Folks - I have done stupid thing and downloaded a UPS email - which was a virus.

I think I have now lost my office puter with all that work on it:mad:

Run virus scan (update definitions first)... delete virus... use system restore...

If you had decent virus protection in the first place the email would of been quarantined & you wouldn't of been able to open it:computerrage:

Edited by Marmite!!

Sure as hell not sure how that got through - but have forwarded it to you for to have a look at :coffee:

- flipping wont let me do a restore :(

Yea send it through no problem my VP will catch it & I'll try & sort out a fix for you...

Jack

Don't worry your not the only one who has had this as I am a pc engineer i have got a customers machine in with the same problem. (doing scans as I type this so it might be worth being aware).

Funny a client just called and he had the same virus but his was from the DVLA.........!

Thanks for that Jack I will keep an eye on that one as well. I expect it won't be the first and last only one that will come to me with this problem.

I would do what woa2 has done if not expecting a parcel from UPS then delete it (but i don't think the DVLA have our email addresses as they have never asked me for one so i will delete it when i see that email).

I know what i will be doing tonight i will be checking the computers in the clubhouse IT room to see if anyone has been ordering parts or registering their vehicle with the DVLA.

Edited by Mark Collins

The bummer is that we are expecting a shipment via UPS. :mad:

Not another order of Pathfinder Magazine. So i suppose your the culprit 1st notifing the DVLA of change of owner/ SORN for the Mans Truck and 2nd ordering the supplies for the clubhouse to be delivered by UPS.:whistle:

Edited by Mark Collins

other half has had one too tonight , luckily we did not open it .........

None of you guys got decent virus protection??? infected emails should be automatically quarantined before you even get a chance to open it, don't forget the Free versions don't work...

don't forget the Free versions don't work...

You're wrong!

I did have Payed for Macfee installed and the virus deliberately attacked that before attacking the windows program

Avast home addition is free and is s++t hot. It cleaned my infected comp and got it working perfect again. It also warns you when you may be going on to a site which is known to have malware and the like. I use my comp for P2P file sharing and we know how many virus's lurk on them things and i've never had one virus come through. You can also do a boot scan with it. I recommend it.

PS i work in no way for Advast even tho that does look like a Sales Pitch :-D

Eddie

Hmmm... wonder how all these companies that offer free versions ever Sell a copy of their Full Virus Protection :coffee: I'll carry on paying thanks...

They earn their money buy selling the program to big company's thats how they can give the Home Addition away for free....

Now i am sounding like i work for the company :laugh:

Eddie

Edited by RGJ/H. Alan

You're wrong!

I did have Payed for Macfee installed and the virus deliberately attacked that before attacking the windows program

Avast home addition is free and is s++t hot. It cleaned my infected comp and got it working perfect again. It also warns you when you may be going on to a site which is known to have malware and the like. I use my comp for P2P file sharing and we know how many virus's lurk on them things and i've never had one virus come through. You can also do a boot scan with it. I recommend it.

PS i work in no way for Advast even tho that does look like a Sales Pitch :-D

Eddie

I used to use Avasthome edition for free and always found it ok,but since buying a new pc that came preloaded with Norton that seems ok too

Nigel