Maybe for Sirhc

Jack

Hi mate.

Whilst at the Tank Fest yesterday the MoD had a Scopion set up under camo nets etc etc.

Coming of the MV was a bivvy type set up, it was wedged shape and look like one big bag and they had set up their bedding in there, it looked blooming cosy.

Do you know what they are?

Cheers

Jack.

Jack,

Lee got it in one, yes they are excellent. So good infact that crews of pretty much all armoured vehicles use them if they can get hold of them.

Check out ebay item # 8831448116

Chris

Jack,

Lee got it in one, yes they are excellent. So good infact that crews of pretty much all armoured vehicles use them if they can get hold of them.

Check out ebay item # 8831448116

Chris

Very nice Chris, are they 100% water proof?

Jack

like anything canvas it depends on their condition. I have used one for the last 7 years and never had a problem, they are single skin so do remember not to wedge things hard against the sides or you risk destroying surface tension and cause soak through

(I have reproofed it once using civilian tent treatment)

• 1 month later...

Being a Recce Regiment, all ourCVR(T)s came with bivouac tents. However, pre-Sultan the Saracen ACVs and even thereafter the Ferret Scout Cars went without.

However, over time it was possible to creatively account for bivvies and make sure everybody had a bivvy by the time I progressed to commanding 98A, (Command Troop Rebro Ferret number 2).

I was more than a little pleased to discover that the lump of canvas we were issued turned out to be a Chieftain bivvy (4-man) rather than CVR(T) (3-man). And here was me with a crew of 2: me and driver.

We acquired a steel ladder ("A Mark 1 Ferret stands about 4'9" high FFS." Ed.), a small coffee table and some folding chairs (we could get camp beds issued). All carried in the XPM box over the engine decks.

My tent became the Command Troop Gin Palace and whenever I wasn't doing a fetch-and-carry (only once in my career did I ever actually get to rebroadcast a net, and it was an umpire net! So all we did on exercise was fetch-and-carry liaison jobs and radio stags) or on radio stag, LCPL Alien would be "Entertaining At Home".

It was a sh1t life, but somebody had to protect the Free World from the Communist Hordes.

;o)

BTW ISTR that CVR(T) bivvies were better waterproofed than the basic canvas Chieftain bivvy. Does this mean that size isn't everything?