chocolate

HotBed

evening all,

i have just opened a tin of Roses and tucked in to enjoy the lovely taste of that certain brand, but after a few of the all milk chocolate ones i found the taste not to be what it used to be and rather bland, i then remembered that they have stopped making chocolate in this country and transferred production to Poland.

I know when i was in india i brought a bar and that was a totaly differant taste,

has anyone else found the taste wanting, and not how they remember it ?, or is it just me ?

regards

I know when i was in india i brought a bar and that was a totaly differant taste,

has anyone else found the taste wanting, and not how they remember it ?, or is it just me ?

Graham,

I think you are right, the taste is not like it was. I once had some Cadburys Dairy Milk when in Australia, found out that the factory there had been closed and it was then made in Singapore.........that never tasted like it did back home. I noticed on one of Cadburys choc bars, that was made in France as well. :(

Don't know about that Graham, some 400 tons a month gets made just over my garden fence, smells OK too!

hi bernie, is that cadburrys, as the radio 2 programme i was listening to said they were closing the last factory in england :confused:

regards

Graham,

I think you are right, the taste is not like it was. I once had some Cadburys Dairy Milk when in Australia, found out that the factory there had been closed and it was then made in Singapore.........that never tasted like it did back home. I noticed on one of Cadburys choc bars, that was made in France as well. :(

hi richard, i think that milk tastes differant in other countrys and that will have a deciding factor, its just a shame as that was my favourite make of chocolate, another great british product down the drain :-(:-(:-(

regards

Just think yourselves lucky chaps..........I absolutely love chocolate and in fairly recent times I have become allergic to it . Nothing horrendous , it just makes me itch very very badly and all over....everywhere .

I can sometimes chance eating a little as long as my system is clear of it but if I get carried away...........

( And yes , it's just post christmas and I'm scratching like *****ery)

hi bernie, is that cadburrys, as the radio 2 programme i was listening to said they were closing the last factory in england :confused:

regards

Sorry, I thought you meant all UK chocolate production had stopped,

its Britannia Superfine, http://britannia-superfine.com/productlist.html

Best not to read the product list, may bring on cravings..

I heard a discussion on the wireless about how Terrys chocolate oranges now tast cr*p as well.

evening all,

i have just opened a tin of Roses and tucked in to enjoy the lovely taste of that certain brand, but after a few of the all milk chocolate ones i found the taste not to be what it used to be and rather bland, i then remembered that they have stopped making chocolate in this country and transferred production to Poland.

regards

Does Rosie know you've opened her tin?

[quotei have just opened a tin of Roses

Does Rosie know you've opened her tin?

:stop::shocked::stop:

Must admit I do prefer Celebrations, but my vice is dark chocolate. The 70-80% stuff scrummy yummy doodarr!!!!!!!!!!!!! So please do carry on eating the Roses 44k6!!!!!!!

I feel so sorry for you STD, fancy being allergic to chocolate :( mind you if I was allergic to it, it would help the waist line!!!!!!!

I absolutely love chocolate and in fairly recent times I have become allergic to it . Nothing horrendous , it just makes me itch very very badly and all over....everywhere .

I can sometimes chance eating a little as long as my system is clear of it but if I get carried away...........

You should stick to eating it and stop rubbing it on.:coffee:

I work for a premium supermarket chain; if the warehouse drop a case it gets condemned and sent up to the canteen where we can buy 100g bars of Lindt, Green & Blacks etc for 20p each. It is very rare to find a broken bar and I usually keep a stock at home of 60 or so! We also get the monthly selection from Hotel Chocolate. No allergy worries as yet....

I shouldnt have it as I am diabetic............ but..............

Mark

My friend Carol is also diabetic. She loves it when I go to Belgium, she can eat as much of that choclate as she likes. Mind you so can I! I used to work on the Bath road in Slough, across from the Mars factory. The smell always changed on Wednesday afternoon, that's when they brewed up the batch for British Army rations. Those had a completly difrent taste.

I bought a bar of Rich Dark Milk Chocolate in Aldi recently. It was delicious and only 99p.

Wife bought a box of Thorntons Milk Chocolates for Christmas, and they do not taste as I remember Thotntons should. Should we have a vote on the HMVF favourite Chocolate?

• 1 year later...