What do you think (dodge wc)

Its me

Hello all i have a quick question for you lot i am interessted in buying a military vehicle and i have emailed this guy and here is the email he sent me and i was just wondering if you think it would be good project or just a pain in the neck and if you think the price is ok. i also have some photos but i'm not to good on the old pc so what i will do is forward the email on and the pics are attached thanks very much.

Buster

Hi here are photos. This is an restoration object. Rear body is totally rust free. Body and fenders is about 10 hours work by skilled welder. The car is running nice after I'd grinded valves and repaired exhaust. El system needs total repair (wiring) These pictures are without windscreen. This is now in place. Will try to fill it with brake fluid and see what happens.

Think there is a good chance to get brakes into it.

1700£ best price.

I mentioned Newcastle because that’s the nearest harbour in UK with ferry from Norway. To other places you have to organice shipping yourself. I can bring it to Kristiansand harbour in Norway.

Regards Kjell

Hi Buster,

I can also vouch for Kjell.

I bought my WC63 and the GMC Workshop/Clubmobile from him. Lovelly guy and knows what he is talking about when it comes to the trucks. If he says there is something wrong, you know you need to deal with it. If he says something is ok, then it is ok. What he told us about both trucks was spot on. :-D

Bought two beautiful trucks from him and if I wanted another I would go back to him again. We have also bought trailers and engine and other parts from him too, he has a stall at Beltring and is here again this year. Shipping and customs etc is easy. Lloyd put me onto Kjell and the guy to deal with the importation for me. Thanks a million Lloyd. :-D

Good luck Buster, post some piccies if you can.

Here are a couple of piccies of mine as they looked then and now. :-D

Dodge Before

before.jpg

Dodge After

P5280112.jpg

GMC Before

P1010206.jpg

GMC After

P1010527.jpg

Cara

x

• 8 years later...

i hope it's not forbidden to reply on an old topic , but was reading about this dodges from nroway and hoped to learn if the seller in norway still sells?

i did find someone in france selling MV but they where total recovery.

there was grass growing in de back and no floor there etc.

another question : what is a good price for a dodge to buy at the moment.

some people that have one say that 13000 is max for a good restored, traders in the netherlands say that 17000 is more the case.

(for the moderators: if it is not allowed to post here i will repost where it is ok)

kind regards

yoeri

Hi Yoeri,

The supply of Dodges in Norway has dried up so Kjell may not be trading now. My WC51 came from Norway in 2009 and was, I think, one of the last to come out of the country. The ex Norwegian Army Dodges are the best examples out there so I would recommend you find one of them if possible.

As for prices, I think 13000 Euros would buy you a good Dodge here in the UK........17000 sounds quite high!

Chris.

any way to reach kjell?

a couple of months back i saw a dodge wc63 with a filter on the front right.

the seller told it had been in service in the dessert.

he asked 21 for it.

way to much for me.

i'm in no hurry :)

if necesary i wait a little longer for a nice dodge 63

most important is that i do have almost all the TM's for the dodges.

includen the 2axels.

just waiting on the last TM , comes from the usa :)

radio equipment in the 62/63.

then i have all.

i'm in no hurry :)

if necesary i wait a little longer for a nice dodge 63

most important is that i do have almost all the TM's for the dodges.

includen the 2axels.

just waiting on the last TM , comes from the usa :)

radio equipment in the 62/63.

then i have all.

I purchased my WC63 for a guy in the US who was a couple hours from where I live at a decent price. It is ex Norwegian truck. They are out there, you just have to look and be patient. People always are collecting new things, and selling the old things they have.

Edited by tankdriver

• 4 weeks later...

Its possible that no more Dodge (GMC's, Daimonds etc. ) are being released from the Norwegian army.

But there are still plenty up there on privat hands and they can be found quite cheap, but prices are getting highere and closer to the rest of Europe level.

http://www.finn.no/finn/car/used/object?finnkode=51844951&searchclickthrough=true

http://www.finn.no/finn/car/used/object?finnkode=51899793&searchclickthrough=true

http://www.finn.no/finn/car/used/object?finnkode=51356175&searchclickthrough=true

http://www.finn.no/finn/car/used/object?finnkode=51486848&searchclickthrough=true

It is not necessarily very expensive to have vehicle transported all the way from top to bottom of Norway, so dont let the distance scare you. ( I bought a truck in Tromsø, which is 350km north of the Artic circle) at least reseach it.

One thing that can slow the process of buying up there is, that you have to apply for an export permit on all military vehicles made before 1950, with the defence museum, and they do take their time giving it.

Cheers