Iveco

fesm_ndt

I know the Canadian Army have these as troop carriers but from posts they are not so fond of them.

The latest Iveco troop carrier designed to protect against mines etc is a really nice bit of kit and the UK Mod has bought them and stuck a new badge on the front.

Did someone say Canada?

Yes, the IVECO 40.10 turbo daily made into a military vehicle.

Here in Canada they replaced the 5/4 ton Chev trucks. There was quite a hullabaloo over selecting these things. The troops are not fond of them, the name of the vehicle in service is the LSVW or Light Support Vehicle Wheeled. Due to their squeeky brakes which are horribly non tactical their nickname is Little Squeeky Vehicle Wheeled.

They have suffered a lot as they were the lowest compliant bidder, just, in the procurement process allegedly.

Robin

In case anyone missed it, some more these on Ivecos here: http://www.hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?t=12758&highlight=iveco

And yes the brakes are sqeeeky..and the transfer box could be a weak point.

yep I missed it :idea:

yes would make a nice expedition vehicle

I know of a white one here sitting in the junkyard, was kinda tempted but got 2 Pinz (much harder to fix when only one!)

I like the new ones that MOD and everyone else is buying. Great for those shopping runs

• 1 month later...

People on out site got excited several times last year when an "armoured car" fronted up. Turned out to be Panther. They all looked crestfallen when ex-squaddie me acted entirely nonchalant and told them I'd sat in a fully equipped example and had the full guided tour in 2008.

From something I read on our intranet recently, we are helping the MOD equip them with GPSA.

If I tell you any more, I'll have to kill you.

• 4 weeks later...