Autocar U7144T thread

Jack

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

COOL......i am on my way......! Jack get busy with payment matey.

So what else is out therefor me ?

Regards

Lloyd

Don't hold your breath sir - this is Fearless - and skint - Leader we are talking about. I reckon there is more chance of VOSA registering my OT than Jack delivering on this one!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by ArtistsRifles

Don't hold your breath sir - this is Fearless - and skint - Leader we are talking about. I reckon there is more chance of VOSA registering my OT than Jack delivering on this one!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I reckon there's absolutely no chance at all, you may wish to check the implied contract terms..................:writing:

Jack, my fee is in the post.

I reckon there's absolutely no chance at all, you may wish to check the implied contract terms..................:writing:

This is the one where it says in very fine print:

"Deliver the vehicle as promised or prepare to meet the road contacting surface of three 14 x20 bar grips in quick succession - all attached to 9 tons of Stalwart"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Good man Bernard - will send payment by the usual method:coffee:

Ah - I fear you to be wrong on both counts sir!!

=

(B) £24K IS the selling price..... I draw your attention to this (received today from Peter Boys):

No my fine Sir - that price is wrong.:cool2:

No my fine Sir - that price is wrong.:cool2:

Not according to their version of Fearless Leader - they quoted me £24K!!

Of course - I do look a more honest and trustworthy character than some who lack hair so maybe I got a better offer. :):)

Fact stands though that - in this case - £24,000 is the asking price including the trailer.... :):)

I therefore await delivery in accordance with your most public promise!!

Autocar from Boys.jpg

Not according to their version of Fearless Leader - they quoted me £24K!!

Of course - I do look a more honest and trustworthy character than some who lack hair so maybe I got a better offer. :):)

Fact stands though that - in this case - £24,000 is the asking price including the trailer.... :):)

I therefore await delivery in accordance with your most public promise!!

But Sir - this is different than the price I had :-D

- that gets me off the hook.:sweat:

Knew you'd try and wriggle out of it!!!!! :rofl: :rofl:

Now - according to the posts in this thread M8Greyhound asked:

So HOW MUCH IS IT !!!!!!!! then Jack

To which you replied:

Ain't telling you....you have money to blow....

Have a guess - get it right and I will buy it for you.

No mention there of specifying the price YOU were quoted therefore it must be price being asked by the seller - which in this case is £24K as documented by the e-mail received!! Nor does it state the offer was only made to M8Greyhound!!

Me being the first person to mention this figure after the offer was made means I win!!! :):):) Got parking space cleared on the drive ready for it !! :)

Over to you for the next wriggle mate!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No sweat Jack, looking at the new evidence before me it seems failure to follow obvious contract terms now apply.

No need to send fee yet, no win no fee!

Regrettably - it has to be said that it is unethical, immoral and downright crooked to attempt to alter the fine print of the terms and conditions once a gentleman's agreement has been reached!!! :):):)

You have the delivery address young Jack - it's on the sign up form for Pathfinder mag!!!

Regrettably - it has to be said that it is unethical, immoral and downright crooked to attempt to alter the fine print of the terms and conditions once a gentleman's agreement has been reached!!!

:nono: All contract terms are in plain view in normal size print.........:coffee:

Bringing this thread slightly back on topic, we have slowly been acquiring parts for Mikes radio bodied Autocar restoration. Anybody have any info on such things (apart from it being very rare and the only one we have come across)?

It will be a while still before we begin the project (Ward La France cab to rebuild and a Scorpion restoration first), but the current plan is it will be done as a chassis cab that can be shown, and the correct radio body built at a later date (pending further info).

• 1 month later...