Autocar U7144T thread

Jack

OK -

Looks like the Autocar U7144Ts are turning into the next real mans truck....:whistle:

As some may know that I am looking for one as I need one by 2012 for the convoy event that is going to run from France to Bastogne to comemerate the Battle of Bulge (it most be noted that N.O.S. and I have only spoken about this twice.......:sweat:but with the number of Autocars that are amongst our membership - it is highly workable and would be something different :) )

So, any news, sightings and pictures of your own then put them in here!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ain't telling you....you have money to blow....:pfrt:

Have a guess - get it right and I will buy it for you.

Is that a promise Oh wealthy and fearless leader?? :)

Or will you have a change of heart when Mrs B starts waving a cooking implement near your now unprotected bonce??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My turn then - I'd reckon about the £24,000 mark - but I bet you cop out on the offer to buy it for me if I'm right Jack! :)

Man of my word Neil - and sorry mate you dont need to make room on your drive for an Autocar......:sweat:

When i enquired it was 30k, i think it is another way of saying i don't want to sell unless you have lost all track of what ww2 trucks are worth!

These Autocars were commonly available and cheap until some well known rich chap from down South widely publicised his desire and search for one.

Values subsequently rocketed over night!

Rumours that said chap had one in his barn all the time, and is only waiting for values to reach a peak before moving it on, are yet to be confirmed.

I reckon you are right mate...i reckon its a "ruse" as Lord Beckett of Wessex has in fact got 4 of them in a barn and all he is doing is surropticiously "shill" bidding in order to up the price....!!!!

and little old me has got money to spend but cant find owt!!!!!

Regards

Lloyd

Man of my word Neil - and sorry mate you dont need to make room on your drive for an Autocar......:sweat:

Ah - I fear you to be wrong on both counts sir!!

(A) I have PLENTY of room on my drive for an Autocar - failing that there is (if you pardon the pun) shed loads of room where the OT is stored!!

(B) £24K IS the selling price..... I draw your attention to this (received today from Peter Boys):

Thanks for the e mail.

The auto car is £24,000

In Excellent condition, restored with the exception of the trailer - the rear needs woodwork replacing. but otherwise is very tidy.

Regards

Peter

So - when can I expect delivery in line with the promise, you being a man of integrity who always keeps his word/promise?? :) :) :)