Could you help me with my coursework?

Guest Yin717

Guest Yin717

I am doing some coursework that is creative writing and I basing it in WWII. I would love to do from the perspective of a tank crew however I have never driven a Sherman so I don't know what it is like or how to drive it. Also I intend to start with the D-Day landings so I would love to know how the floating things worked. If you could help me I would be soooo grateful! I might even see if I can upload a copy of the story.

Cheers

Ieuan

Guest Yin717
Re: Could you help me with my coursework -

If it is of any interest, Antarmike is running some useful Remedial Maths classes on Wednesday nights at the Clubhouse - but hurry, there are very few places left :coffee:

Clubhouse??? First news of this.

Oh, right then - all the Landrovers in the carpark need a coat of white emulsion paint, and when you've done that can you fill the workshop swarfega dispensers with No.2 grease.

One tip, if no, when you get called in to Jack's office, hide a computer mouse mat down the back of your shorts - he hasn't caught on yet......

Edited by N.O.S.

If it is of any interest, Antarmike is running some useful Remedial Maths classes on Wednesday nights at the Clubhouse - but hurry, there are very few places left :coffee:

Sorry but that just made me laugh out so loud!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ieuan,

The clubhouse is in your head. It is a palatial blend of rust, biscuits and farts standing in a copse of gum trees overlooking a great plain. The car park is bigger than....Leichtenstein and the members lounge is like something from Hogwarts. The only problem is Jack REALLY IS a person who likes to go round smacking bums. He last appeared at Devises Assizes in 1998 on a charge of sheep worrying and the illegal importing of ferrets.

He got off on a technicality, joined the Spanish Foreign Legion and headed off to Mauretania to fight the tuaregs. The rest, as they say...is history.

If you want to know about Shermans there are some of yer actual drivers on this forum.

Good luck

MB

Guest Yin717
Ieuan,

The clubhouse is in your head. It is a palatial blend of rust, biscuits and farts standing in a copse of gum trees overlooking a great plain. The car park is bigger than....Leichtenstein and the members lounge is like something from Hogwarts. The only problem is Jack REALLY IS a person who likes to go round smacking bums. He last appeared at Devises Assizes in 1998 on a charge of sheep worrying and the illegal importing of ferrets.

He got off on a technicality, joined the Spanish Foreign Legion and headed off to Mauretania to fight the tuaregs. The rest, as they say...is history.

If you want to know about Shermans there are some of yer actual drivers on this forum.

Good luck

MB

Cheers for that! That has answered alot.

& Owners...

Is it the small details your after? Startup proceedure... maintenance checks day by day to flesh out the action so to speak?

I'm sure some of our chaps could answer any questions you might have

Yeah that's it. I really would wanna know what it would be like for a day to day life in one of these. I know few people could probably tell from actually in the war, I mean I doubt many people on here have actually ever had a combat experience in these things. Or are you all still full of surprises? But if you could actually give me few hints like how did they start, what were they like to drive and how hard it was to maintain these things as well use them in combat I would be very grateful.

Ieuan

ken Tout's books maybe to give an idea of ww2 tank combat, or, the auther escapes me at present but a book called mailed fist its about churchill tanks but a compelling book worth a read (must get it back of my mate yet another book overdue from the sharky libary).

Maybe if your feeling brave write kevin wheatcroft a letter and you never know might let you have a look at least round his shermans ?????? if in doubt Blag

good luck

Iain

Quote:

Originally Posted by Degsy viewpost.gif

Author of 'Mailed Fist' is John Foley

brilliant book, lent mine to somebody, cant remember who, need to get another!!!

Must be the ting to do lent my copy out to a mate only problem is he is now in new zealand with a old ex girlfriend of mine and my book

And yes i do miss that book :angry:banghead:

Must be the ting to do lent my copy out to a mate only problem is he is now in new zealand with a old ex girlfriend of mine and my book

And yes i do miss that book :angry:banghead:

Oh man, not just me that has happened to then but I did miss my girlfriend:cry:

No that's a vicious rumour, I am firmly retired from trying to teach ANYTHING....and wednesday evening is when I am out in the carpark with my weighbridge, checking axle weights, and just making sure folks have the correct lens' in their lamps...and generally counting rivets...

Edited by antarmike