Withams September Tender Sale .

snowtracdave

They'll be ones that have rolled over then!

and with no engines and with fooked bodywork....once you check a vehicle at withams make sure you photograph it and the engine for evidence...can honestly say I have never bought anything that is any good...sure loads have just not me...

and with no engines and with fooked bodywork....once you check a vehicle at withams make sure you photograph it and the engine for evidence...can honestly say I have never bought anything that is any good...sure loads have just not me...

We got a good MJ, the trick is to take a REME mech with you! We got the best of 20-odd vehicles he inspected though...

There's a FV439 for sale as well, can't be too many of those with collectors!

Stone

I've had some good stuff in the tender sales, but you need to really check what you're buying and bid accordingly. If you're not prepared to take a risk, then don't bid in the tenders!

agree for sure...but seen too many of their tricks played out..I agree that you can get some good but i prefer now to buy direct...if you can...plus its too far from Hampshire...

agree for sure...but seen too many of their tricks played out..I agree that you can get some good but i prefer now to buy direct...if you can...plus its too far from Hampshire...

Agree there. I bought mine direct. Tender stuff has a habit of changing owners before you pick it up!!!:shocked:

I've always thought of getting Safariswing, Sirhc05, and that other REME dude bladdered up on beer at a pub then dragging them down to the Witham's tender sale to pick out a nice cvrt for me when I go to the UK on business.

Shirley you mean to get them to assist in your choice and then take them out on the lash :)

I've always thought of getting Safariswing, Sirhc05, and that other REME dude bladdered up on beer at a pub then dragging them down to the Witham's tender sale to pick out a nice cvrt for me when I go to the UK on business.

You are indeed a very brave man!

That would cost a fortune(in the pub!):-D

Shirley you mean to get them to assist in your choice and then take them out on the lash :)

Before, during, or after the withams trip :-D. Chug it like water while cranking bolts for motivation.

You are indeed a very brave man!

That would cost a fortune(in the pub!):-D

No-one can outdrink a US Marine. We have the stoutest livers, the filthiest minds, and the highest morals of any fighting force in the world!

(I'm not a drinker..but everyone else in the Corps is).

I was on an exercise in North Carolina at Cherry Point (USMC airbase) and played the Marines at Rugby (Yes they had a rugby team) after we thoroughly thrashed them, (Our unit had two team RAF players!!) they then said they also followed the british tradition of beers after the game and they had a "Keg" which turned out to be a small tin that held about 5 litres!!!!

So we took the van downtown filled it up with crates and showed them how to have a proper post rugby celebration, we even showed them the dance of the flaming mummy, which involves stripping down to your kecks then getting wrapped in toilet paper until you look like a mummy, this is then set alight, with the resulting hilarity, burns and loss of body hair!

We drank US Marines under the table. We didnt have any livers, were out of our minds and didnt have any morals!!:-D

on the viewing days, can you just turn up? do you need to book in at office?

Mark

Just turn up - no need to book in to the office & there are usually plenty of staff around if you need to ask about anything (Plus a burger/tea van. Which you will probably need as it's usually blowing a gale and/or freezing there ).:-D New loo's last time I was there too .

• 2 weeks later...

went to witham yesterday the saxon is empty and been fire damaged inside but will prob not go for the right money to make it worth while, the saracen is'nt to bad nice easy restoration project if the price is right !!!!!!! some interesting bits and pieces but as with the last 2 to 3 yrs more scrap than anything.

On the lighter side in the shed was a crate of Mg34's (not in the tender) nearly wet myself wi laughter when i enquired the price £1500 a piece ,

oh well nice to see dream land is alive and well