mud mud glorious mud

IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a353/berniep/littlevintage2006013.jpg[/img]

it gets worse

littlevintage2006016.jpg

we had quite a luck escape

littlevintage2006018.jpg

compared with others

littlevintage2006017.jpg

we had a memorable weekend & even though the weather was awful we had fun.

the motto of this is things can only get better

roll on the next show now we have got dried out.

ta

Berni

the bedford was still stuck when we left so i'll have to wait till thursday to find out how it got on

it was an experience i can tell you.

the only reason the jimmy didn't make it all the way was because the front prop was disconected. needless to say it will be connected by the end of the week. :lol:

ta

Berni

...............the only reason the jimmy didn't make it all the way was because the front prop was.............. and of course the driving wheels had those "funny" tyres ! So Jack, another good reason.

Watch it :twisted: :twisted:

Cool pics.

Me off roading in the Ardennes.

At that spot all vehicles got stuck and pulled each other out or winched themselves out.

dodge-modderMedium.jpg

:shock:

Now that is something, did you get it out ok......or did you need a Jimmy to help? :wink:

Hello All,

You don't have to wait till Thursday to find out how the RL got out, I ended up pulling it out with my fv432, I also helped rescue I think another 2 RLs and a Commer and the lorry from the Beer tent. Unfortunatly I didn't get any pics of us in action, this is just after parked up next to my caravan in the camping field.

2006_0521Image0067.jpg

This is where I dragged the RL in Berni's pic from

43e59290.jpg

Shame the show had the makings of being successful but the weather just didn't let up. The fields were left in a mess and I had abandon my caravan, which I went and collected tonight and there are still vehicles left in the field.

Must admit I had a lot of fun though, not every day you get to play.

Mind you I'm still looking for volunteers to clean the running gear, everybody I ask changes the subject.

2006_0521Image0086.jpg

And yes that is my freshly painted trailer it's on.

Dougy

Last weekend, Big Al of this forum and I went to Belvoir Castle where we met another mate. The weather was bloody awful, so bad in fact that the steam boys were not even allowed to move at all. The tractor unit of the lowloader shifting my tank had to be pushed DOWNHILL to link back up with its trailer because it just sank in.

On Sunday morning I had to chose the least wet tee shirt socks and drawers to wear as everything I had was soaked: clothes, papers etc etc.

My tank was managing to slide the rear end out when cornering and was sliding downhill on corners and that is on steel tracks. Really great show but of course only about 25 people turned up to visit!

Sorry cant post pictures (don't know how) but the predominant colour of them was brown!

hi enigma,

now that is really what you call mud.

dougy,

nice to meet you & good to hear you rescued all those trucks.

it was a shame the weather was so bad but here is a photo of dougys 432 before it became a hero.

littlevintage2006008.jpg

ta

Berni

• 1 year later...