hi from greg in bromyard,herefordshire

greg

hello everyone, how are you all? my name is greg, im 16 but i have been into any thing military for a fair few years now :) ive applyed to join the army but i was told i cant because im a type 1 diabetic, so i was a little upset about that. . so now im trying to get into the police force. .

at the moment i am trying to keep myself busy by restoring my mini, nearly finished the welding :P

i know im only young but i realy would love to own a ural :P lol :shocked:

ok many thanks

greg

thankyou everyone, are there many other younger members on here?

and i have to get some pics of some ww2 knives and helmets my old chap has. . . maybe i could get some info on them?

:cool2:

Don't worry - you're not the only youngster amongst all us decrepits , there are a few more of your own generation .

Post away with the pics you'll soon get some answers to your questions ............

You might even find that some of them actually make sense .

lol, ive just been looking in the forsale section and saw a vehicle for £2500 i think, i just wanted to know why is it so cheap? you certainly get alot for your money with these monsters lol.

oh thats good then,

• 3 weeks later...
hello everyone, how are you all? my name is greg, im 16 but i have been into any thing military for a fair few years now :) ive applyed to join the army but i was told i cant because im a type 1 diabetic, so i was a little upset about that. . so now im trying to get into the police force. .

at the moment i am trying to keep myself busy by restoring my mini, nearly finished the welding :P

i know im only young but i realy would love to own a ural :P lol :shocked:

ok many thanks

greg

Hello greg welcome to the forum,when i was 16 i saved up enough money to buy a motorbike but was told by my dad that there was no way i was riding around on one :stop:, i would have to wait until i was 17 and save my money for a car so i went to the local sawmill and bought two derelict AEC Matadors rebuilt one of them which i still have today 22 years later!

Good Luck

• 5 months later...

Hi Greg. Bad news on the army. Have you considerd the army cadets! You can join right up until 18 years and nine months.

It caters for young people in all sahpes and sizes and your diabetes wouldn't be an issue at the officers and adults are first aid qual'd!

You will get a taste of all the military stuff and do weekend exercises, go shooting etc!

You can then apply to become an adult instructor after 18 3/4yrs.

There is a detachment in Bromyard.

Contact the TA Centre in Hereford or go online.

You will love it and you get to see lots of vehicles. In 2006 the cadets went in a Chinook helicopter.

How do I know!!!!!! That's because I am an officer with the cadets and run the main detachment in Hereford City Centre.

Be the Best!!!!!