Stalwart HMLC Gallery

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the Pluto show at Lepe, when they took that Stalwart out to Isle of Wight, not the "round the island" trip, just over and back, but it got stuck on the groin on its return and had to be snatched off by a recovery truck.

"Stuck on the groin" - Ooooh - sounds painful!!! :nut:

I have the Isle Of Wight trip on video and it didn't go round the island. Must have slipped my mind. It had some problems on the beach and then they tried to tow it up the beach with the Centaur half track which then bogged in the shingle and almost threw a track.

about right crane up, engine bay open big tub of fluids ready.....big red box of spanners and a bunch of demented owners wondering how to get that screwdriver they just dropped... because they didn't put a load of cloths in the engine bay when they were working on her...

typical stolly fact of life...

• 2 weeks later...
about right crane up, engine bay open big tub of fluids ready.....big red box of spanners and a bunch of demented owners wondering how to get that screwdriver they just dropped... because they didn't put a load of cloths in the engine bay when they were working on her...

typical stolly fact of life...

Absolutely!!! :D Don't see the bruises from head-butting the searchlight handle though!! :D

2 local to me, not moved for few years , one has a Hiab fitted ......

Hi guys, nice pics. I notice the front one is painted sand and blue!!!. I was wondering if anyone knows if stalwarts ever served in the gulf in 91, like the ferrets.Or any where else exotic. I know mk1's served in aden. It would be nice to paint 1 in a scheme thats not green and black. Ross

Hi guys, nice pics. I notice the front one is painted sand and blue!!!. I was wondering if anyone knows if stalwarts ever served in the gulf in 91, like the ferrets.Or any where else exotic. I know mk1's served in aden. It would be nice to paint 1 in a scheme thats not green and black. Ross

Might be sand and a VERY weathered green.. :D:D:D

I would hate to be proven wrong, but maybe some obscure NAAFI unit or BFBS or whomever took one along just so as to prove the rule, but I'm fairly sure I could bet the farm on a NO!

R

Thats a shame, i had hoped they had, would have bean nice to paint mine up in something other than black and green!!

How about an arctic type black and white scheme, perhaps there is provenance of that?

Or for the mor adventurous how about provenance on the Berlin urban cam scheme if Stollys can be proven to have been stationed there to support the Chieftains.

I presume you are not concerned with your specific vehicle having ever worn those colours but just that any Stolly has had them.

R

Or you could do a white UN colour sceme or what about doing a BP oil's colour sceme, I've never seen one of those in the flesh, although I think they only used mk1's

As for one's seeing active service in gulf 1, as far as I am aware only the one I mentioned earlier 91 ET 34 was prepped for gulf but was then replaced with a Bedford.

I see one in a film, can't remember the name but if I remember they were fighting a dragon, obviously set in the future, but you see them arriving with a chieften and various other vehicles plus the stolly.

So who else remembers this film? And what's the name?

I think they should use them more in films.