HMMMMM

paul connor

Question

ok, this is advertised as a Pic taken in NI in 1970's

I have seen this picture before. If its NI why is there a peugot 306 on the right? and where is the ram bar? hahaha

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Picture-Army-One-Ton-Humber-Armoured-Pig-Ulster-A86_W0QQitemZ250088064793QQihZ015QQcategoryZ48QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bloody liberty advertising something with a peugot 306 at the side and saying its original! the 306 started on a M reg 1995 let me see, hmm last Pig came of census 1995 and that was not one of them...

What is that on the wing? ?

Sorry if im ranting, but its unfair to sell to a user as original!

And Wilson! if you get on here complain to EBAY!!!

The thing on the wing is a Notek light, had a pair of them on the wing of my Dutch Lightweight, gawd knows why it has one on this pig. The mirror stalk moved to the wing in 1977. There are no light guards, as I assume the barricade ram has been removed & the mesh was attached to that. In fact I was in contact with these people in Tulsa who wanted a barricade ram for this pig.

The seller has quite a few other "original photograph not printed on my computer" one of which I have seen in a book. But a bidder "kremlinpig" is bidding on several so clearly he is a "serious collector"

Just posted this question to the seller:

Be interesting to see what, if anything, the reply is!!

I sent him a msg too.. here's his reply..

Hi there,

Thanks for the info. I'm being bombarded with emails with the same info. I'm pulling it tonight.

Regards,

Derek

Yes well both the top two look familiar picyures & he seems not to notice the one on the right is a Ferret not a Saracen. The other "Saracens" are actually Saxon Patrols buit for IS rather than the normal Saxon which was a battlefield taxi.

The one in flames come from the British Army Picture Library online.

This is good stuff and precisely why an online service works so well.

Here's the link for reporting the items.. click the email us button at the bottom of the page & it will take you to the correct section..

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/contact_us/_base/LV_2_2_10UK.html?item=&dsturl=http%3A%2F%2Fpages.ebay.co.uk%2Fhelp%2Fcontact_us%2F_base%2Findex.html&tier0=%5Bobject+Object%5D&tier1=%5Bobject+Object%5D&tier2=LV_2_2_10UK&continue=Continue+%3E

:-D Panic Not - :whistle:

I understand that on the 26th the said gentleman was brought to the attention of Ebay, and the appropriate publishing houses. It would appear that a lot of his 'genuine Photographs' have been withdrawn for sale.

It does p**s me off that someone like this can take the hard earned cash of others by what amounts to deception :argh: