MAN Wrecker

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are a few of these for sale from that Uk stroicar site, biggish money...must be a very good truck...

I doubt they are the same spec.

Just had a look on their site, definately not the same spec looks like a prototype or an old German one. MAN SV® most definately wont be on the civi market for many, many years yet.

Edited by recymech66

• 1 month later...

that is one nice truck, I am so keen to have a machine like that..my tatra is part way there but nowhere near as good as that girlie...i can bet its a dream to drive...auto gearbox or semi, full air/hydraulic suspension, diff locks etc...6 or 8 wheel drive...what size tyres...top speed is...where is she located, that looks a bit like borden..

is the deletion of the registrations for "OPSEC" reasons?

I think a compariosn between the two, The Foden and the MAN would be interesting as im sure the newer machine may be an all singing and dancing machine but I think that some jobs will be better with the Foden.

I guess you are doing a one for one swap, out with the old and in with the new?

R

Are you allowed to tell us any specs on that truck eg crane winch ratings etc certainly looks like an animal to me

PM sent:D

Edited to add, all info freely available on the tinternet it would seem.

Weight 32.5 Tonne.

Crane max lift 15.5 Tonne.

Front winch 10 Tonne.

Rear winch 25 Tonne single pull (50 Tonne 2 to 1).

Aux winch 1.5 Tonne.

Rear spades will give 50 Tonne of anchorage.

Recovery device (suspend/support tow) 13t

Edited by recymech66

Deletion of the vrn is to protect my anonymity, wouldn't want all my mates having a go at me for posting pics of my pride and joy on the internet :-D Still got my Foden for the foreseeable but now parked it up and wont be using it unless the SV® has a problem.

I parked them side by side yesterday and couldn't believe the difference in length, this thing is huge, not to mention heavier, can winch and lift more. There is a few issues with storage of kit but it's only a case of what we've been used to for years, soon get the use of the best place to load it.

Paulob1, no mate it's not in Bordon, it's in Germany.

cant wait until they release these beasts...i want one for sure...always felt the foden was a bit unstable

I bet long term the Foden will have proved that it will have been the better Wrecker. The MAN is nice, but there is a lot of electronics in that truck and I bet it wont be as reliable as the Foden at the same age as the Fodens are now.

I think the dash is the same as the civvy truck. When I had a look in a GS MAN, it was the same inside as the TGA 26.440 I had at the time.

As the Foden is parked up and I'm paying for it through my taxes, can you park it up outside my house so I can have a play?:cool2::D

I bet long term the Foden will have proved that it will have been the better Wrecker. The MAN is nice, but there is a lot of electronics in that truck and I bet it wont be as reliable as the Foden at the same age as the Fodens are now.

I think the dash is the same as the civvy truck. When I had a look in a GS MAN, it was the same inside as the TGA 26.440 I had at the time.

As the Foden is parked up and I'm paying for it through my taxes, can you park it up outside my house so I can have a play?:cool2::D

Just to make you that bit happier you'll be glad to know your tax payers pennies paid for a nice shiney re-spray just before we parked her up awaiting disposal, go figure:nut:

Just to make you that bit happier you'll be glad to know your tax payers pennies paid for a nice shiney re-spray just before we parked her up awaiting disposal, go figure:nut:

Well that's cheered me up no end, was it painted in-house or contracted out? Painting them green seems like a waste of money unless they have a potential military buyer lined up.

I will dispose of it for them...no need to bother anyone else....

and as to a long wait, I very much doubt that, stuff is being recycled so quickly these days it will be on the market within 10 years....i waited 20 years to get a stolly sure i can wait ten for one of those...

Now go tell your boss i will sort out his foden with no paperwork needed at all..:D:cool2:

Well that's cheered me up no end, was it painted in-house or contracted out? Painting them green seems like a waste of money unless they have a potential military buyer lined up.

I think the ones that are still roadworthy/taskworthy will be redistributed among the units that aren't due to get SVR for sometime yet, I imagine the ones up for sale at Withams are in a sorry state, yes I'd love my own but having enough cash to pay for one is only half the story, I would'nt like to pay to keep one roadworthy, you would have to have very deep pockets.

Paul, you mean one like this at Hirst's? I believe it's for sale complete:

Image067.jpg

This is a Crusader EKA Recovery. They are reluctant to sell and it is not complete the engine is in bits. I just happen to have a spare engine ready to drop in.