How do you get onto a tank.

antarmike

Question

Whilst playing alonside John Attlee and the Cent and Conqeror ARV's he has always insisted that the only way to get on a tank is to climb the front Glacis plate. Climbing up the sides risks getting tangled in the tracks should the tank move off unexpectedly.

How do you get onto a tank?

The Royal Armoured Corps saw it differently in WW2.

mountthattank.jpg

• Answers 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

We had a troop leader whose party trick was to take a run at the front decks of our Scorpion. Luckily it was the dry summer of 76: driver and I used to take bets on whether he'd catch his leading foot and lose his teeth. He never did.

I nearly got into a Fox once, from the back of a horse! We were going flat out gallop through Savernake forset and met a Fox coming the other way. Driver and horse slammed on brakes. Commander and I meet hanging on the barrel! horse and crew thought it hysterical!

i know it's not a tank but while in bosnia 94'.when i used to get the call to go to the ops tent for a task the lads would get the saxon ready to move i would then whistle them when i was ready and run up the front and in thru the commanders hatch while it was still moving,then then put the gimpy on it's mount and load it all in about 20 secs.(slick).easy when you're 24.

eddy