rarden loader - how does it work

john fox

IMBSB .. having got one I cannot fgure out what you do with it :???

Are the 3 round clips supposed to fit in it or just the shells alone and what do you do then?

loadigclip.jpg

(PS - as i say I have already bought one from him so don't complain at having borrowed the fleece bay pic)

Hi Chris

I understand the principle but how and where do you actually fit the clip into the loader?

I think I have tried all ways and just cannot get the clip to fit anywhere ?

Will post some photos over the weekend so you can give me an idiot's guide!

Ok John, here are some photos.

Basically you stick the open clip in the device, insert 3 shells, close the clip and remove it. It's not very clever untill you need to get the rounds back out again. Then you can turn it over and use it to push the 2 prongs on the clip which will release it.

Before anyone points it out, yes the blue rounds should not be in a clip with a yellow tag, but it's the first one I had to hand!

Chris

S7305397.JPG

S7305398.JPG

S7305399.JPG

S7305400.JPG

S7305401.JPG

Lee,

I think they do, but all the CES kits I've seen from Sabres had one of these in them. I guess you would need it if you wanted to fire a combination of shell types. The clips seem to come as 3 of the same. There might be a situation in the field where you need to seperate the rounds and re-clip them. I have one of those Rarden round boxes and it does have cutouts for the clips.

Chris

When you unloaded the gun, it could hold up to six rounds, these rounds would not be in clips as 1 would be in the breech and up to 5 on the feed tray. these would be removed 1 x 1 and placed into the ready round tray. After the unload is complete the rounds have to be replaced into the clip to protect the precussion cap. The rounds could be, loaded into the feed individually. if required I personally never used the loading aid to reclip the rounds and I can't remember ever seeing them being used.

Barry.