White Scout Car owners

Jim Clark

Help needed, is there any White Scout Car owners on the forum willing to let us borrow/hire one for a couple of weeks so we can make a canvas pattern of the canvas top. I do not want to copy a copy or even a NOS one without haveing a vehicle here to try it on.

I am sure we can come to some arrangement over fees etc with the owner. If anyone is interested please call 01454 261100 or 07831 378904.

Thanks Jim.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

JIM: You are welcome to come here to the States (New Mexico to be exact) and you can fit your scout car top......In Fact, I have an ORIGINAL Scout Car to in a canvas bag, properly marked that I willbe fitting when I wrap up the brake work on the M3A1 I have.

If you come week after next I will take you to the Wikieup Cannon and machine gun Shoot in NW Arizona.

If you want to borrow the orignal top, you may - let me know!@?

Dan in NM

BTW - are you doing the Staghound Canvas? Shaver and I will be starting on ours in a few months. It may be a ltitle premature to think about the canvas but, what the hey.....if you are making it - we'll likely be customers.

Looking for Bofors parts - any help?

Dan in NM:mailforyou:

Jim, give Gary Eastman (Eastman Leather Clothing) a call. He's a way down the M5 at Ivybridge, but I know he's restoring a Scout Car and it's complete body wise. I don't know how far he's progressed, but I've been trying to track down a radiator for him.

Scroll to the bottom of the page for his number...

http://www.eastmanleather.co.uk/

Alternatively, scan through the IMPS members vehicles list here:

http://www.imps.org.uk/vehicles/

There's several listed, but it's not completely up to date as I know Stan Capes sold his a few years back, but might be worth asking.