Need some new excuses...

Volksron

:-(.....the wife has found out I'm thinking of buying another project.

At present I own a family car (my wife has her own Astra), I have my '63 Beetle and a motorcycle, and I've just successfully sold my other motorcycle at the weekend - so got a bit more cash and space. I have a big double garage, on a corner plot with plenty of space - but I want a small Military vehicle to play with before I die. I have been married for over 30 years, and running out of excuses. What great excuse could I come up with, so that she can't refuse?

The current finacial situation is such that there is no point in depositing money in the bank. If however I buy at a time when prices are relitivley low a 'modern' antique or cllectors item, then it is likley to appreciate in value far more than the percentage of capital gain. Sounds good dun it?:-D

Excuses I am sure you can think of, but I believe a well thought out strategy is to THINK BIG so I suggest:-

• You overtly measure your available space (nice having a corner plot that will help) make sure Wifey notices you whilst you do this.
  • Look at adverts for Chieftains, Centurions T34’s etc and make noises as to “better than money in the bank” or “the way scrap is going this would make a nice retirement fund” and don’t forget the immortal “wow you get a lot of metal for you £’s when you buy a tank”
  • Visit Bovington or Duxford with Wifey in tow, let her get a feel for just how large these things are.
  • Then show her a Champ/Jeep/Landy (whatever it is you really want) she will be smitten by the size and will positively encourage you to get one of those instead of a ruddy great tank!
  • Job done simple!

Although the above can work it can and does also cause sulks, black eyes, mysterious rolling pin shaped lumps and I suspect occasional Divorce, so please try at your own risk as no responsibility can be taken if it goes horribly wrong

I never had a murmur from madam about a vehicle provided there was a quid pro quo (or two quid..........!!).

Started with a DUKW (even moved to a house with a DUKW sized garden) and had been getting smaller vehicles but now got another Reo.

Trick is to know what you can get without causing problems.......................

M

:) They all sound good so far.

My wife and I spent a long day at Duxford last summer, and she said then that a Jeep would be a nice next project. But in reality, it doesn't seem to have worked. I haven't bought anything yet, and she hasn't spoken to me for 3 days, - just for thinking about it !

Just tell her you want something bl##dy big and green, she will say "shouldn't we talk about this?"

You say "Nope, I bought it while you were out shopping this afternoon, picking it up tomorrow"

There will be a pause, maybe a bit of arm waving and verbal stuff, but then she will remember why she married you, you masterful manly hunk!

It worked for me!

but I want a small Military vehicle to play with before I die.

What great excuse could I come up with, so that she can't refuse?

Wanting to do something before one dies is pretty persuasive in itself. What vehicle will you be acquiring ?

:stop:do you really need an excuse to buy something green/sand/blue, my advice is buy something big enough that you can sleep in the back and thats got a good leak proof canvas (just in case you have an inforsed holiday) summers just round the corner :-D

regards

:-(.....the wife has found out I'm thinking of buying another project.

I have been married for over 30 years, and running out of excuses. What great excuse could I come up with, so that she can't refuse?

Remember the wise words from Younggun when he was buying an Explorer, it is far easier to seek forgiveness than permission.....

My good lady always fancied a convertable car, she was not too sure when the jeep arrived, but as it was funded by my own means (we hadn`t been married long)she had very little say in the matter :-D but it keeps me off the streets so`s to speak and to poor to go into pubs.

Ashley

:sweat:Sorry Lads, I've crumbled under the weight of the silent treatment and offered her a spending spree in Leeds this weekend

(as long as I didn't have to tag along), and got a glimmer of hope:

'As long as it doesn't clutter up the place and make the garden untidy' was her answer.

So the hunt is back on - and I think I will be needing a camouflage net !

:sweat:Sorry Lads, I've crumbled under the weight of the silent treatment and offered her a spending spree in Leeds this weekend

(as long as I didn't have to tag along), and got a glimmer of hope:

'As long as it doesn't clutter up the place and make the garden untidy' was her answer.

So the hunt is back on - and I think I will be needing a camouflage net !

Well done.

No camonet needed, just park it in the grass, she won't see a green vehicle in a green patch of grass.:rofl:

When people ask me why I reply; What you collect is directly proportional to the space available.

My son and I have 12 acres, however it still has to operate as an orchard. Space away from fruit trees is limited. Time and money to complete jobs is a problem.

Plan to be reincarnated, but then may come back as a cat or something else!

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
may come back as a cat

:cool2:V8 4valves per cyl.quad cam 11 litre turbocharged aftercooled:cool2:

if you do got a job for you:-DCW.

When people ask me why I reply; What you collect is directly proportional to the space available.

But then you get caught by the rule that the more space you have the lower the quality of junk you acquire to fill it because you need so much of it!!

Or have children who also start collecting,

Then another item is offered but on getting it home find its a slightly different to the one here. A different year, with those changes and different parts,

Doug