Hi from Norway.

bdodge

Hello all,my name is Bjørn.I have been lurking about on this forum for a while.And as you all seem to have such a good time I would like to join in.I live in the south of Norway and have owned my dodge WC52,three years now.And it just gets better and better to drive(specially since I got my doors this christmas).Last winter I came across a cckw in a field,and ofcourse I had to rescue it(I got it for 300 pounds,so how could I afford not to?).And I love it so does the kids and even the dog,its just the neighbors and my wife that hates my hobby.I can live with that.My son and I are planning to go to Normandy via England this year.We will be taking the ferry to Harwich may/june,so if anyone is going south to portsmouth it would be fun to make a convoy. With regards, Bjørn

Welcome to the Friendly Forum,Bjorn (I'll work on the accented 'o' when I can find how to change it without cutting and pasting).

Please post up some snaps of your two vehicles. We like to see this stuff.

A good bunch of HMVFers are off to Normandy, so hopefully someone will be along with plans for a convoy.

Have fun

MB

Thanks for the warm welcome.I was just out and snapped a few pictures,now all I have to do is find out how to post them.And sorry about the sensory overload my information gave you 6x6,but just say the word and I will be on the look out for something for you(but mine is about the cheapest I have heard of).The story was that the farmer had inherited the lorry,and had hauled it back to the farm.And just gave up when he failed to get it started.So there was no brakes,no clutch.The distributer was simply mounted wrong!Clutch was just hanging after two-three years of standing,and the brakes needed a check up.Actually many of the answers came via other forums,thank heavens for the internet.And by the way,I dont mind beeing called Bjorn:).

Hej Björn,

The Swedish group going to Normandy, 10-12 vehicles, will be leaving Göteborg on May 30th at 14.00 arriving in Gent/Belgium at 22.00 May 31st. We'll be outside Coleville sur Mere from June 1 to June 10 or 12. Our camp is just outside the Big Red museum off Omaha Beach.

Hope to see you there.

My e-mail BTW: goran_noren (at) yahoo (dot) com

About GMC's in Norway:

There were so many GMC's for sale at Kongsberg in April (27th) 1994 when I bought my own 1944 Dodge WC51 that they sold for very low prices. The only one that fetched more money was a very early closed cab GMC with the civilian instrument cluster.

As always,

Göran Norén

Lidingö

Sweden