Morris C9/B

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the leads on the manuals, guys. I've got the driver's handbook already and I've ordered the CS8 & C4 manual from Groucho. I'm still looking for the "Repair Aids" book.

Was there ever a separate manual of any kind for bodywork? All the Morris books that I've seen cover the mechanical stuff in detail but they only give the briefest coverage of the body itself. I've got a very basic stowage diagram for the CDSW from somewhere but I really can't see that there would be any need to produce a special manual covering the body itself. After all it's just a series of boxes with hinged lids. Somebody please prove me wrong!

• 8 months later...

Even though the C9/B restoration was completed a while ago, I'm still improving it as and when I can. A very nice man has recently given us this Bofors barrel which will replace the replica spare barrel which is on the vehicle.

I never realised that wartime artillery carried the royal cipher! I thought it only appeared on antique stuff.

I've spent the day wire brushing it and painting it and it's now ready to fit. We're short of a recuperator spring, the brass sleeve at its muzzle end and the collar that screws onto the barrel to hold them in place. Can anybody help? Condition doesn't matter.

C9B spare barrel 1.jpg

C9B spare barrel 2.jpg

C9B spare barrel 3.JPG