Bulldog at withams?

Big Al

Just had a look at the tender sale at withams, the 432 that is listed looks like a bulldog, the front access hatch has been modifed and the added amour looks like it maybe, It maybe one of the develoment ones, am I right?

Big Al

improvised explosive device (IED) is a bomb constructed and deployed in ways other than in conventional military action. They may be partially comprised of conventional military explosives, such as an artillery round, attached to a detonating mechanism.

terrorist actions or in unconventional warfare by guerrillas or commando forces in a theater of operations. In the 2003–present Iraq War, IEDs have been used extensively against coalition forces and by the end of 2007 they have been responsible for approximately 40% of coalition deaths in Iraq. [1] They are also used extensively by cadres of the rebel Tamil Tiger (LTTE) organization against military and civilian targets in Sri Lanka.[2][3] IEDs are often placed on the curb of roads so as to be detonated when vehicles or pedestrians pass by, and so are sometimes also known as roadside bombs.

The term IED used to describe such devices has been used within the Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) community for many years, with open-source usage as per the references below since the 1960s. The term was not, however, widely used in non-technical and media reporting before the 2003 Iraq war.

Edited by gritineye

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
improvised explosive device (IED) is a bomb constructed and deployed in ways other than in conventional military action. They may be partially comprised of conventional military explosives, such as an artillery round, attached to a detonating mechanism.

The results of which sound a bit like the curry i had last night.lets hope the ocupants were ok.cheers cw.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
hence why you are not down on the boat today?

No not that Richard,its a problem similier to seasickness,slight headache.dizzieness,sudden head movements bring on nausea

think it could be an ear problem.doctors havnt a clue,no doubt we will have to wait for the corroners verdict.:shocked:i can hear them now ,oh thats what it was we would never of guessed.:shake:

No not that Richard,its a problem similier to seasickness,slight headache.dizzieness,sudden head movements bring on nausea

think it could be an ear problem.doctors havnt a clue,no doubt we will have to wait for the corroners verdict.:shocked:i can hear them now ,oh thats what it was we would never of guessed.:shake:

Reminds me of what Spike Milligan wanted inscribed on his headstone ......."I told them I was ill"

CW - this sounds very similar to a condition my workmate has suffered from for a number of years now - meniere's disease - unfortunately incurable but controllable with diet (Particularly reduced salt intake) . Not a medical expert by any means but look it up & see what you think .

Best Wishes .

D

Sounds like high blood pressure.May need to go on blood thinning tablets.

Getting back on topic.That is very minor damage on the 432 compared with some of the damage I.E.D,s being used in Iraq.Someone i know in 33 Regt E.O.D got back from Iraq last year,and was surprised by the size and sophistication on some of the examples he came across.The use of mobile phones in these was a big issue for them.One was even big enough to puncture the front armour of a Challenger,with the loss of the drivers leg.

Just watching a repeat yesterday of "The Marines of Lima Company".Brilliant documentary charting the tour of the company from the 25th Marine division during there tour of Iraq.The most heavily hit unit ever to tour Iraq.Looseing 14 marines in one incident,when a huge I.E.D detonated there LTV-7 Amtrac.There was literally nothing left of it.Really sad to watch.But brilliantly made.

• 2 weeks later...
This vehicle has an enormous hole in the floor, don't underestimate the damage! When I go on a viewing day I will take some photos.

It has also lost the majority of the RHS running gear but the extra armour on the outside does not apear to be touched at all, not even the paint scratched, when they were up- armoured perhaps someone forgot about the area that is damaged.

More interesting is the CET next to it, complete ABRO refurb in 2001 and does not apear to have turned a track since the whole thing is "new". Engine, transmission, running gear and the whole of the driver / earth operator compartment. This vehicle should have been given to the Tank Museum.

Batteries were flat or disconected on this one, could not tell as they had the winch rope tight over the transmission hatch, probably to stop people visiting during the tender starting it up. If I had a bit more time I would have got a jump start and had a test drive.

They may be partially comprised of conventional military explosives, such as an artillery round, attached to a detonating mechanism.

They may be composed of up to five 155mm artillery rounds. This has been shown to be enough to defeat even the armour on Challenger and Abrams.