Another Girly Joins Up

Cara

Hi Guys,

Thought I had better show my face around here.

My name is Cara and I currently own a Dodge WC63 (A real Beaut) and a GMC Workshop, the one that I have persuaded Mick to convert into the Clubmobile :lol: She'll be a beaut aswell by the time Mick is finished.

Anyway, just a little 'Hi' from me, so I'll be off to the shadows again.

Cara

x

P.s, How do you post piccies ?

Hi Cara

Nice Dodge but how do you get away with parking on the road with no visible number plate or tax disc :?: :shock: :lol:

Cheers

Degsy

Hi Degsy,

Thanks. That photo was taken straight after we had painted her.

But to be honest, I rarely remember to put the number plates or tax disc on her. :oops:

I carry the tax disc around when I am driving and sometimes remember to put the plates on but I have never been pulled over, not once ..... touch wood :D

Cara

x

Hi Degsy,

I find the best method of dealing with North Wales plod is to use long words,say three letters or more,it confuses them :shock: :wink:

Hi Cara,welcome to the forum!

Matt.

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for the welcome.

Never made it to Pickering this year and unlikely too this year as it is too far to drive our vehicles.

Our group has 2 x SWB GMC's, 1 x LWB GMC, 1 x White Half-Track, 1 x GMC Workshop/Clubmobile and the Dodge WC63. And another friend is looking to purchase a Willy's this year. Makes a nice convoy on the way to shows. :D

We had a Pig a few years ago, which Mick brought back from the dead, but we wanted it for off-roading and were told that if we took it off road we would kill it, so decided to sell it. All the hatches were welded though, so we couldn't put ours down. :cry:

It's still amazing how many people do a double take when they see a woman driving them big ol' trucks. :lol:

Take care for now,

Cara

x

Hi Cara.

Thanks for the into and good to have you here and it looks like everyone has looked after you 8)

Wonderful to see you chaps putting together a nice theme with the Redball, I would say that you have the potential to have huge amount of members join your group. Now that would be a great convoy.

Best wishes.

Jack.

And another friend is looking to purchase a Willy's this year.

Make sure though your friend will purchase a Willys, that is, if he/she wants a WW2 Jeep :D

Cheers,

Hanno[/b]

Hi,

Yeh, we have a few friends in other groups which have them and have said that they would help finding one. Of course we want a Willys and not a Hotchkiss !!! Might cost more, but atleast it is the original vehicle.

Cheers,

Cara

x

I know, just teasing!!!

I have an early Hotchkiss myself, but there are a good number of Willys parts on it, including a September '44 engine as I found out recently. That doesn't make it a Willys of course, just a mix like virtually all other jeeps on the road. I'm wondering how many MB's and GPW's are out there running with the majority of their original parts?

Anyway Cara, how did you get into the MV scene? It was ill health that pushed me into a hobby change.

Steve

Mick bought his GMC about 9 years ago. Mainly for ferrying people to the New Forest and back. We attended things like the Overlord show and the such and then a Halftrack turned up on the scene and Dave (Another guy of ours) had always wanted one, so two of our guys went half on it. Then Jem bought a Jimmy and they attended the War and Peace show a couple of years ago and decided that it looked like a lot more fun being camped up with the reenactors, so they decided to get some kit together etc.

This left me and the others girls wondering how we could join is, as we couldn't be part of their Red Ball Express impression. To which we came up with the ARC Clubmobile's. I bought an old caravan type thing and converted into a makeshift Clubmobile, which was towed around with Mick's Jimmy. Then wanting to be independant, I decided that I needed a vehicle to tow my own kit, hence the purchase of the Dodge.

Then late last year the guy I bought the Dodge off contacted me and said he had a Workshop (Knowing what impression we were doing) and I bought it to convert it into a Clubmobile. (Someone had already gutted most of the back and converted it into a Camper).

Hence where we are now. Having lots of fun :D and making a lot of new friends. And spending lots of money :cry:

But it is all worth it.

Cara

x