Mr Alan Pepper - Mack and FWD tractors

trevor pitman

Abit of a long shot - I trying to track down a Mr Alan Pepper of Stanmore, Middlesex who in 1997 produced a list of the above trucks in circus and fairground use. Im trying to research the use of the FWD su-coe whilst used in this phase of its career. Together with what I already had gathered, the `Pepper` list and help from others I have quite a database. Alan stated in his notes he had approx 50 pictures of the trucks which I am keen to view and help fill some of the `gaps` I have.

Not much else to add about Alan - got a feeling he himself may be ex military or very closely associated with the military

Any leads gratefully received

Edited by trevor pitman
spelling

I know that Noyces used a SUCOE with their gallopers. This was restored in the 80's (albeit reengined with a Leyland)

I will try to dig out a picture if you have not already seen it.

Edited by Brooky
spelling

Me again!!

I know that there was also a Mack restored that was used by Billy Smarts.

As an aside the Billy Smarts Mack LMSW ended its days in the scrapyard at Molesworth ( a real treasure trove in its day!!) Again will try to dig out piccie.

Les

Thanks for that, the last time I saw it was in Battersea park at the start of a Brigton run in the early 80's.

Just got to look for the piccie of Noyces FWD now!!!

I think this was Noyce's SU-COE, on Brighton run in 1982. Harris's Fair also have one with a homebuilt cab and hydraulic loader crane.

sucoe.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
While searching for Macks among the Staffordshire records [they had 12] I found this note of another snowplough - a half track. Any idea what it was?

The Supply Mech number is for a British contract for International M5 Halftracks, the "Z" number is the War Office Census number for the vehicle, in a sense, its army registration number.