PURBECK RALLY

HI ALL

date for you all 18/19/20 august purbeck old time rally near Wareham in Dorset

We have a military section which my wife Sue organises and rules with a rod of...... no nooo nooo not now nursey

ehm sorry about that any way we always have an enjoyable weekend poss road run and will be having proper arena display time (auditions soon but please bring your own pole).

If you would like more info on this enjoyable event or an entry form please contact me or Sue at

sueandjerry@btinternet.com

Look forward to seeing you in the beer tent

Regards Jerry

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Jack

Below list of entries for Purbeck + a couple of others who came in to late to make the programme. Glad to hear you are bringing the whole clan. look forward to seeing you there. Sue

MV00 A R C Silcock Morris Tilly 1944

MV01 Mr Carroll Rawlings BSA Para Bike 1940

MV02 Mr Grahame Haskell BSA WDM20 1942

MV03 Mr Paul Dignan Royal Enfield WDCO 1942

MV04 Mr Bernie Dignan Austin Scout Car 1935

MV05 Mr Bernie Dignan Bedford M/W 1942

MV06 Mr C F Loder Willys Jeep MB 1943

MV07 Mr T M Shave Ford Jeep USE GPW 1942

MV08 Mr Peter Thomas Willys Jeep MB 1943

MV09 Mr Stevan Bennett Ford Jeep GPW 1942

MV10 T K Hounsell Willys Jeep 1942

MV11 Mr Barrie Figes Willys Jeep 1943

MV12 Mr & Mrs F G White Willys Jeep MB 1944

MV13 Mr Yiu Wah Kwan Hotchkiss M201 1959

MV14 Mr Steve Marande Willys Jeep 1943

MV15 Mr Steve Marande White Half Track 1942

MV16 Mr Terry Paskins Humber 4x4 Tourer 1941

MV17 Mr David Blandamer Austin Champ 1952

MV18 M K Moore Austin Champ 1952

MV19 Mr Kevin Hollis Dodge WC51 1942

MV20 Mr Jerry Bland Daimler Ferret Armoured Car 1959

MV21 Mr Jerry Bland Land Rover 101 GS 1975

MV22 Mr Clive Elliot Humber FV1609 1956

MV23 J Saunders & N Burroughs Land Rover FFR Series III 1984

MV24 D A Dewton Land Rover 101 GS 1976

MV25 Rachel Peters Land Rover Series I 1952

MV26 Nigel Bartlett Leyland Hippo 1945

MV27 Robert Peters Land Rover S III Lightweight 1974

MV28 Ron Pier Morris PU8/4 1940

MV29 John Ilott GMC CCKW 353 1943

MV30 Adrian Rendall Scammell Explorer 1954

MV31 Mark Rendall Scammell Explorer 1954

MV32 Barrie Hampson Humber Box 1944

MV33 Barrie Hampson Fordson WOT2 1940

MV34 Ashley Case Ford GPW 1945

MV35 Gillian Giles BSA Folding Para Bike 1940

MV36 Jack Beckett GMC CCKW 353 B1 1944

MV37 J A Biggs Willys Jeep MB 1942

MV38 E Poulton Austin 8hp Military Tourer 1940

MV39 Nigel & Cath Thomas Hotchkiss M201 1963

MV40 Ian Bissett Land Rover Series III 1980

A big thank you to Sue & Jerry for upgrading the status of the MV section including the presentation of a cup for best vehicle. In the years before their involvement the few MVs that came were lost down the far end where people take their dogs to carp & children ride up & down on motorbikes. We now have the prestige position at the top of the field.

I even met Jack & think I heard something of Borat

Yes he was there quite a bit I think, he thought it was a dog shoot. But I explained we can't do that in the UK as it is not the shooting season. But sometimes he would go down the field to make a soil. He says back home they sometimes go in telephone kiosks to do that. But he said all the blue telephone kiosks around the fields had been vandalised by bad men who took away the telephones & made holes in the seat. So even if there was a telephone it not be very comfortable to sit down & make a phone call.

Dam good show and as Clive mention great thanks to Jerry and Sue and nice to see such energy and drive going into the event.....could be contagious!

Wonderful to of been in the company of Borat, I was honored, but was rather upset buy the fact the he offered me three goats for my wife :evil:.......how dare he! I think I also met Clive as well but wasn't to sure ....... :oops2: :oops:

Word of warning, do not, and I repeat, do not go into Wareham Fish and Chip shop on a Saturday night......it was ridiculous. We pulled the convoy in for a chip stop, we placed the order and then had to wait for an hour before the order was ready :-o :? :evil: People started to get a bit hot under the collar and the situation wasn't helped by Ashley when he Finally got his and then precede to shout across the entire chip shop that he was going to put his fish and chips up on Ebay......someone did offer to buy them for £50, cash!!!!

Also added to the complete confusion, was one Hardyferret siting in his Ferret barking out his chip order over the PA on the Ferret :evil: We did however lighten the mood by clapping and cheering when everytime someone received their order. I knew it was time to leave when Kev got on his hands and knees on the chip shop floor so my wife could climb onto him and then jump over the counter to help cook the food.

............I will be taking sandwiches next time!

Wonderful to of been in the company of Borat, I was honored, but was rather upset buy the fact the he offered me three goats for my wife :evil:.......how dare he!

How many goats did you want then Jack :tup:

Dam good show and as Clive mention great thanks to Jerry and Sue and nice to see such energy and drive going into the event.....could be contagious!

Wonderful to of been in the company of Borat, I was honored, but was rather upset buy the fact the he offered me three goats for my wife :evil:.......how dare he! I think I also met Clive as well but wasn't to sure ....... :oops2: :oops:

Word of warning, do not, and I repeat, do not go into Wareham Fish and Chip shop on a Saturday night......it was ridiculous. We pulled the convoy in for a chip stop, we placed the order and then had to wait for an hour before the order was ready :-o :? :evil: People started to get a bit hot under the collar and the situation wasn't helped by Ashley when he Finally got his and then precede to shout across the entire chip shop that he was going to put his fish and chips up on Ebay......someone did offer to buy them for £50, cash!!!!

Also added to the complete confusion, was one Hardyferret siting in his Ferret barking out his chip order over the PA on the Ferret :evil: We did however lighten the mood by clapping and cheering when everytime someone received their order. I knew it was time to leave when Kev got on his hands and knees on the chip shop floor so my wife could climb onto him and then jump over the counter to help cook the food.

............I will be taking sandwiches next time!

Ha ha that's funny, well for an outsider anyway...

My first time at this show,

hopefully i will get an application / invite for next year :? well it was advertised as a road run and chipshop raid :-D :-D and i am not sure if the police car turning up as we left was pure coincidence or not :-o

Well done Jack for the arena commentary it was `well bluffed` and Kevin you have a wicked sense of humour, for those who were not there when jack asked him questions about his weapons carrier he answered with ..yes... no.. maybe...

The main down side was that i forgot me flamming camera, well done Sue ,Jerry Kev, Bernie and friends and for those who i have not mentioned see you all soon.

Ashley

Hi All Mrs Hardyferret butting in to say -

Thanks to all those that attended and mucked in to make a good weekend. Great to see the feed back. The fact that it did not rain on the show ground even when all around were getting a soaking was not actually down to me - I may be bossy but I don't have that kind of clout. It was fantastic to have entries up from 21 MV's last year to 44 this year! I know ours is not cheap hobby.

Must say big thanks to Kevin who flew his parachute with great effect. He summoned up all the wind himself I believe.

Big thanks to those who contributed to our display encampment in the center of the area. Master minded by Kevin and Mr Hardyferret, and enhanced during the event by the contributions and presence of others.

And what about Jack !!!!!! When he had charge of the arena PA system and his velvet tones rang out over the show ground - fully grown men were stopped in there tracks.............. or maybe it was the combination of big mean green machines 'doing there bit ' in the arena and Jacks sparkling commentry, anyway it was a big success so thanks to all who participated.

I will fight do all within my power to hang on to our pitch on the showground so we can all do it again next year.

PS Jack, I understand that Borat was rather taken by your company too!!!! and offerd your wife two gallons of insecticed in exchange for you....... and I think she was tempted.