Great...just Great

MiketheBike

Well...what a lovely day its been...I've seen it through the office window from about 8am today...probably be here for another 4 or 5 hours. Nothing but Pink Floyd, Mozart and Blink182 to listen to (yes, I have a varied musical taste).

Ebay, HMVF all done...ate me sandwiches...waiting for people in the USA to come back to me...ho hum.

Been really lovely out there today.......as I was scrapping round trying to get grass cut and hedges cut and sort out all the crap in the yard that nobody else can be bothered to put away and repair the mower....I was thinking to myself ...What a lovely day........And ...........If I wasn't the only one twat enough to be doing this I could be getting some work done on the trucks :argh:

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
stuck trying to earn a crust, whilist SOME memebers of the forum were enjoying lovley weather at Royal Dockyards (Not to mention the brewery on site)

Not me spent a very boring day eating/drinking on dutch barges on the thames.

bargeengine002.jpg

bargeengine001.jpg

A nice DAF engine 8litre late 60s

Had a bit of a car day today,with some mates off of another Forum,upat Biggin Hill.......

n820415533_4372440_3681.jpg

100_0021-1.jpg

100_0025-2.jpg

100_0024-2.jpg

100_0023-3.jpg

100_0022-1.jpg

100_0026-2.jpg

100_0019-1.jpg

100_0018-1.jpg

This Merc SL is worth quite a bit of dough.You could by a load of militarys with what you could get for this.

100_0017-1.jpg

One for Ratty.This is where his 8.0ltr Dodge lump belongs.

See some of you tomorrow at Chatham.

Hi CW,

Not at Chatham then?

Is that the DAF engine that was derived from a Leyland engine?

The owner said it was a popular truck engine,i dont know of any link,but i was workimg on trucks mid 70s so a bit later.it does look oldy british,seperate heads etc,do you have any ideas?.cw.

The owner said it was a popular truck engine,i dont know of any link,but i was workimg on trucks mid 70s so a bit later.it does look oldy british,seperate heads etc,do you have any ideas?.cw.

CW,

All I recollect is that DAF did not build its own engines until 1957, when they licence built Leyland 0.350 engines, later they developed their own designs. The engine in the boat does look similar to a Leyland, but I am not that knowledgable on DAF.

CW,

All I recollect is that DAF did not build its own engines until 1957, when they licence built Leyland 0.350 engines, later they developed their own designs. The engine in the boat does look similar to a Leyland, but I am not that knowledgable on DAF.

I will see what i can find out its a popular engine in the bigger barges i am told,along with Gardner ,scania.

La Famille Barnes were at Twickenham on Saturday for the Help For Heroes rugby match. Most amusing day. Sunday was more shifting and dumping stuff pending the loft conversion. Scaffolding goes up Tuesday. New Tv aerial goes up Weds. We might even get Channel 5. Roof comes off Thursday. Mrs B climbing the walls. Got to work at my F-I-L's house on Saturday and then put our stuff in store Sunday...which will hopefully leave me a little time for the MUTT. Then I have to work for Rupert for three weekends.

M

Hi CW,

Not at Chatham then?

Is that the DAF engine that was derived from a Leyland engine?

DAF made the 680 under licence,looks like the Leyland TL11 (11.1 ltres)

was developed in the late 70s from the 680.of mid 50s.It was an enlarged version of the 600 (9.8ltres) of the late 40s.so this engine could poss be a 600,dunno,anyone else can help?

DAF made the 680 under licence,looks like the Leyland TL11 (11.1 ltres)

was developed in the late 70s from the 680.of mid 50s.It was an enlarged version of the 600 (9.8ltres) of the late 40s.so this engine could poss be a 600,dunno,anyone else can help?

CW,

Did I spot a data plate on that engine? If it showed bore and stroke, it might be possibly to match it with a Leyland. But as it is a DAF, then surely parts are still good for them? Leyland diesel parts are still around, so if identical, that would be helpful.

We had the "pleasure" of relocating the daughter Mk 1 into her Uni's halls of residence. She said she was travelling light - but all her kit filled the back of a Ford Explorer!!!! :shocked: :shocked:

Women and travelling light, now that's a contradiction in terms....:-D

We were moving the Daughter Mk 1 into her University (halls of Residence) out Tooting way. An interesting experience!! :):)

so you've got to find a new commander for the ot-90 then neil and the stolly

:whistle:

Not a 680 then,apparently Scania built them under licence,By the time DAF had finished with them they were 450 hp turbo,and reliable.:cool2::cool2::cool2: