Hi from Plano, Texas

Hello all,

My name is David DeWeese, and I am mechanic and also run a small body repair shop north of Dallas, Texas.

I have owned quite a few WW2 military vehicles, but have restored very few. Most went on to others who had the time and funds to restore them correctly.

I only found this forum recently and it looks like it contains a wealth of information and helpful people.

Below are a couple of newly aquired projects that I will be sinking my teeth into when all the small bits are gathered.

Best Regards, David DeWeese

DSCF0156.JPG

DSCF0162.JPG

Olaf!

How's everything with you? Wanted to ask you if David W and his family ever did anything with the 1934 Dodge I sent them?

Never heard a word about it again.

Regards, David

Hi Dave

The Dodge is in dry storage.

I haven't been over there recently but the last year or so they have extended the warehouse so lots of other prioritys.

Guess I'll have to go over there and kick some bu**s....

By the way, I drive a WC 65 now.

Lots of events next week for the Market Garden remembrance.

• 2 weeks later...

Olaf!

How far from Margraten are you? The reason I ask is that my grandfather was killed crossing the Remagen bridge in WW2 and his body was not returned, but laid to rest in the memorial cemetery there. His name was C.R. DeWeese. Might be listed as Charles Rosco DeWeese.

No one from our family has ever had the opportunity to visit his grave.

Regards, David

Olaf!

How far from Margraten are you? The reason I ask is that my grandfather was killed crossing the Remagen bridge in WW2 and his body was not returned, but laid to rest in the memorial cemetery there. His name was C.R. DeWeese. Might be listed as Charles Rosco DeWeese.

No one from our family has ever had the opportunity to visit his grave.

Regards, David

Hi David

Margraten is about 70/80 Miles in the South of the Netherlands.

This should be your Grandfather.

http://www.abmc.gov/search/detailwwnew.php

Should I visit the Cemetery one day I'll pay my respects to your grandfather on your and familys behalf.

Hi Dave

I talked to my brother about the cemetery.

I am thinking about putting a thread on the Dodge forum (more US owners) to give names of the relatives buried in Margraten.

So we can take the car and visit some of the graves on behalf of the people who can't visit.