Clean up your yard!!!

martylee

Lately in the local newspaper there's been a discussion about properties with a lot of garbage. So what is garbage? One of the properties contains quite a few MVs. (Relax this not my parents place where we keep our MVs during the summer months!) But it is a guy that we have visited a couple of times, he's quite a character and the locals just call him "Bin Laden". (Once again you can relax! He's not connected to that network at all. Most of his gear is allied anyway.) I can't really say that I see it as a problem that he keeps this in his yard. He's not living in central area either, so who does it really bother?

Here's a few photos of the stuff he keeps.

IMG_1216.jpg

IMG_1218.jpg

IMG_1219.jpg

IMG_1221.jpg

IMG_1224.jpg

IMG_1257.jpg

I might have posted these before, but the subject is at least new! :-)

Anyway, he has my full support!

Marty

It's obvious from the very first pic that we are talking about a person of refinement and culture - what other sort of person would own such a magnificent machine as a Stalwart!!

The rest we can put down to mental aberrations that can be tolerated for the sake of the Stolly!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

They all look to be runners and in good repair , its not like they were up on blocks or in pieces , Must be new comers in his area that feel his collection is bring down the property values . I d think if he were to fence them so they could not be seen from what ever road or track passes by his property that should quiet the whiners ,of course if they were all taxed and registered that wouldnt hurt to avoid others saying he has a scrap yard going on .

I ran through a simular problem with the town housing inspector who objected to my CCKW and a friends and my Ben Hur trailer . It took a while to sort out, but I won and in the end the Inspector was fired for other reasons.

Must be new comers in his area that feel his collection is bring down the property values .

I would make a point of driving around the neighbourhood on a regular basis in the big manky pickup, the chains especially set it off, should sort out the property inflation fairly pronto!:-D

Edited by Adam Elsdon

I did hear of a friend of ours who used to park his stolly on his drive. The neighbours complained and the council told him it had to be moved. At which point he had an idea. :idea: Take one Abbot and park it on the road. Neighbours complained and the council came out. :argh: Then they got the police out. Very nice police officer checked the vehicle details and pointed out that it was perfectly legal to park it on the road and nothing he could or wanted to do about it.:-D After all the officials had left the neighbours asked if he'd like to park the stolly back on the drive! :-D:-D

There was a similar palaver over an Abbot in Croydon. The council insisted you couldn't park a TANK on the road. It got as far as the MOD on the grounds an Abbot is not a tank, it is an SPG. I saw it driven down Whitehall painted pnk with 4 plastic pigs with police helmets on the corners. The coppers at Downing Street were laughing and applauding. the look on the face of a woman driving a Vauxhall nova when it screamed up behind her at traffic lights was priceless.

• 1 month later...
Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
How about this one!?

IMG_2262.jpg

IMG_2263.jpg

Not an MV, but in his yard.

Marty

I like the look of this.crazeeeeee:cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2: i wonder what the harbourmaster would make of this.

• 1 year later...
There was a similar palaver over an Abbot in Croydon. The council insisted you couldn't park a TANK on the road. It got as far as the MOD on the grounds an Abbot is not a tank, it is an SPG. I saw it driven down Whitehall painted pnk with 4 plastic pigs with police helmets on the corners. The coppers at Downing Street were laughing and applauding. the look on the face of a woman driving a Vauxhall nova when it screamed up behind her at traffic lights was priceless.

I remember this one! I was stationed in Norbury at the time when I was in the Police after first leaving the Army. I thought the guy was great! He also had a T34. He painted it pink to Pee off the local neighborhood wingers! Also then mounted a huge plastic Marlin on his roof. he got taken to court, the judge was amused & could see his point. But was ordered to take the big fish down! Enough is enough said M'lourd!

Another case of a harmless collector & 'Other People' who just because they dont collect or do what we do.

Winge & Whine at the slightest Military object!

I have had similar complaints from ONE next door Neighbor about my RL being parked on my drive.

I ALSO pointed out I was happy to park on the road & obstruct the close! (Quite legally!)

Everyone else around the close think my vehicles are cool & support me. (Especially when I collect each year for the Poppy Appeal!) I also have a Young Married Couple who are Police Officers in the close & the Husband thinks my ferret if Brilliant!

No probs there then, only the miserable git next door who has a scotty dog that is left out in the back garden to bark & make noise incessantly. Do I complain -NO!

OH yes, & next door to him, is ANOTHER dog exactly the same breed & colour that is left out almost all day Barking virtually ALL the time! Have I complained -NO! :angel:

I think the gentleman in Norway who has been nicknamed Bin Laden should be actually called Been Collecting.

Is that a Canadian deuce and a half in the pictures? not many of them survive in anything close to that condition here.

Robin

Been Collectin! Funny! :-)

Yep, it is one of yours. They're quite rare here in norway.

Marty