Met Report

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neil - can you tow me and my higher van to my trade pitch please....or I may just stay at home :cry: it is looking kind of grim.

Now that is defeatist talk sir - and not to be countenanced form the forums beloved and fearless leader!!

We - the non-paying trogs of the forum fully expect to see you there flogging tents from the back of a GMC that has stopped running out of electrickery. Failure to be found doing so will result in immediate loss of certain privileges - such as breathing!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Now that is defeatist talk sir - and not to be countenanced form the forums beloved and fearless leader!!

We - the non-paying trogs of the forum fully expect to see you there flogging tents from the back of a GMC that has stopped running out of electrickery. Failure to be found doing so will result in immediate loss of certain privileges - such as breathing!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:nono: This is Jack we are talking about and he complies with the regulations,unlike certain people we know.:readbook::police:

wot o richard, hope that being positive you have not shorted out today in the rain :cool2:

ps do you know the length of the winch rope on the k6 ?

Hi Graham,

Not shorted out, but nearly blew a fuse :-D

I seem to think the winch rope on your K6 is not to full length, in fact it could well be one that I managed to save from an army earthmoving tractor. I found one that was damaged near the drum end and was replaced, it then went on either your K6 or the green one. The correct length rope will come up to the top of the drum. Try pulling it out to check length, if you have not done this before, there is a dog clutch lever on the winch, for free spooling and the band brake. You might need to pull it out with another vehicle for first few times until brake surface is clear of rust.

I took the green K6 from the museum to Parham steam rally many years back and the site was muddy when we went to go, the K6 walked through it, providing you take it easy, don't forget there is a low range in the Aux. box.

Richard

wot o richard, hope that being positive you have not shorted out today in the rain :cool2:

ps do you know the length of the winch rope on the k6 ?

regards graham

OY Graham..........don't you go leaving any ruts/holes for me and bedford to drive(slither :sweat:)into..............:shake:

Now, do I fit trac grip tyres onto front wheels as well..............or leave the sand type on............:-\

wot o richard,

the reason i asked for length of rope as my k6 has not got one on it, it was supplyed by pete on the cotton reel in back of lorry, ive got to have an eye put on one end, so when i unroll it off of the cotton reel i don t want to cut it too short, i did t know wether you had a book on the winch :-D

thanks graham

wot o richard,

the reason i asked for length of rope as my k6 has not got one on it, it was supplyed by pete on the cotton reel in back of lorry, ive got to have an eye put on one end, so when i unroll it off of the cotton reel i don t want to cut it too short, i did t know wether you had a book on the winch :-D

Graham, Think it was the green one that had the rope and it was from a Bedford MJ.

The length should be 185 feet and with six coils on the drum the rope should be painted red along its length by the fairleads, to warn when to stop paying out.

Richard

Well the way the weathers going,i may have to cancel Beltring.I couldnt put up with that **** again like last year.That will be the first time in 20 years if i dont go.

Don't worry mate - Met Office shows it easing up and getting sunnier as the weekend progresses,,,,

OY Graham..........don't you go leaving any ruts/holes for me and bedford to drive(slither :sweat:)into..............:shake:

Now, do I fit trac grip tyres onto front wheels as well..............or leave the sand type on............:-\

andy, it won t matter what you have on the front once you slip into a tank rut you will only go where the tank goes :argh:

graham

Graham, Think it was the green one that had the rope and it was from a Bedford MJ.

The length should be 185 feet and with six coils on the drum the rope should be painted red along its length by the fairleads, to warn when to stop paying out.

Richard

richard, you are a wealth of information, thank you very much :tup::

regards graham

Gentlemen

I have just looked at the Atlantic pressure charts on the BBC Weather site, and my conclusion is that the weather should get better at least for the start of next week (from Sunday). There is a big High pressure hopefully coming our way that should bring dryer weather (it won't be exceptionally hot). Might still get the occasional shower up to Sunday, but it should get better. I will check again on Saturday evening and give another 5 day guess.

Gentlemen

I have just looked at the Atlantic pressure charts on the BBC Weather site, and my conclusion is that the weather should get better at least for the start of next week (from Sunday). There is a big High pressure hopefully coming our way that should bring dryer weather (it won't be exceptionally hot). Might still get the occasional shower up to Sunday, but it should get better. I will check again on Saturday evening and give another 5 day guess.

Please keep us informed.

Gentlemen

So we can all chuck Robert into a big mudhole if it pisses down all next week !!

UPDATE - There is an occluded front heading Beltring way on Monday afternoon (This means Rain). However, things may change so keep watching the skies.

Robert

FURTHER UPDATE - Seems like that occluded front is breaking up. Seems to be better weather. Might still get a shower, but that is all.

I was there last night. The mud is terrible, but a lot of it is due to a large number of excavations taking place on the site as it is upgraded (or buggered up - depending on your viewpoint). One of the marshals told me the mud on the road into the Americas field is 'knee deep'. Interesting.

We'll see. It looks like that things will dry out after a few more showers....let's hope so....

M

Today (Friday) I drove a Ford Focus into Beltring to pitch my tent, and drove it out again without any problem. I even drove my Daughter's Ford Fiesta through the 'Knee Deep mud' by the entrance to America's Field without it getting stuck. It is muddy, but it's not that bad, and the weather will get better.