Another Spartan

ratty

Well done sir. Your good fortune seems to be rubing off on our CVRT, as it worked all week and is still working. Trouble is, I'll have to service it now, as it's actually done some dirving since the engine/gearbox reuild last year.

Thank you for sharing your fine whisky with my good lady and i on Saturday. Will have to add Bushmills to the list of "whiskys i like". Anytime you require further help/advice/support/piss-taking, feel free to ask. I can only say no...

How about a picture of your fine machine with the screens up (or is that on another thread?).

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dirtyfloatationscreens.jpg

Whisky is made for sharing glad you liked it.

I hope my luck/influence/witchcraft continues to work on your Spartan rather than your bad luck/incompetence/voodoo curse rubs off on my Spartan.

This is one photo of the beast with erect screen more to follow.

That would be pre-cleaning. Nigel found a rather excellent decontamination set, which consisted of a stirrup pump, various brushes and a pole set. He then set about cleaning X years worth of mud from the inside and outside of the floatation screens, while I worked the stirrup pump (for about an hour!)

That would be pre-cleaning. Nigel found a rather excellent decontamination set, which consisted of a stirrup pump, various brushes and a pole set. He then set about cleaning X years worth of mud from the inside and outside of the floatation screens, while I worked the stirrup pump (for about an hour!)
Any pics of your Spartan project??.Wouldnt mind seeing it some time,as your only local.

A-ha, the cleaned and (quickly) raised version. Looks like a tracked perambulator.

Yes but you must admit it has the presence of a high quality perambulator, the sort pushed around by posh nannies, not a cheap and nasty Chinese knock off.

Next time we erect it maybe you would oblige by wearing a large bonnet, nappy and suck a dummy:evil:.

As spotted in a Private Members Club (possibly, all sources are secret/confidential/figments of my warped mind, however all photos are genuine fakes).

Grasshopper models the latest in CVRT Uniform.

Please note Lord Burley and Grumpygit you will be expected to dress correctly!

bonnet.jpg

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
As spotted in a Private Members Club (possibly, all sources are secret/confidential/figments of my warped mind, however all photos are genuine fakes).

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hee Hee,

I wear it if you can get me a teat to suck!!!:)

Funny you should talk about this. When I married, my new wife discovered that as a CVR(T) crewman, my normal working dress was a green Baby-Gro. The oil and grease she had to wash out was rather different from what she then found herslef washing out of the children's Baby-Gros.

She still refers to overalls as Baby-Gros.