my baby today after arguing with a volvo

i know its not that bad

i said it looks like a tipical army demobed vehicle

tony bj has a lot more radio gear today and a lot of funny binoculars for you to look at next week so sort out some pennies to bring with you as you could spot something

i asked him to keep the morse machine till next week

Thanks David, :yay:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well today ive had a bad day as was told to ring the insurance company to find out the decision

and found out two facts that roadsure had not told me

1 my policy excess was 100 when the paperwork said 50

2 the agreed value would not count as they couldn not find the photo's that i had sent in last year so its on a book price

so does anyone know a book price for a 1982 series 3 cl landrover

it seems like a giant rollercoaster some days up and some days down and today i feel like going across the road with a pickaxe handle and ***** the man who already has another car

the only good thing is it is now classed as class c write off so i can buy it as spares but if i want to try to get it back on the road i will have to put it througth a dvla and vossa check

im just glad througth tony i have managed to find another so next week i will be on a high

Get back onto RoadSure and tell them your paperwork says £50 excess and offer to fax a copy to them if they kick up. Same goes for the photo's - you submitted them as requested, if they've subsequently lost them it's not your fault and you should not be out of pocket.

They tried all this on me when the Stalwart claim went in - told me the excess was something like £200 and that the vehicle wasn't on agreed value so I'd only get scrap value. I still had all the letters though from when I insured her as well as the policy documents!! It took a couple of phone calls - the last of which included an polite invitation to talk to my solicitors and the Insurance Ombudsman (or whatever he's called these days) on the topics of fraud, malpractice and breach of contract for starters.

Ever since this firm got taken over the customer service has dropped through the floor. :argh:

you should be able to claim the excess and other out of pocket expences off the other guy as it wasn't your fault. If you've got to pay to have the other one brought down it's worth trying for the cost as well

Get back onto RoadSure and tell them your paperwork says £50 excess and offer to fax a copy to them if they kick up. Same goes for the photo's - you submitted them as requested, if they've subsequently lost them it's not your fault and you should not be out of pocket.

Ever since this firm got taken over the customer service has dropped through the floor. :argh:

absolutely agree with this - they denied they had received my photos despite me e mailing them 3 times each time to the more "senior" person I was transferred to when I asked why they had again written asking for photos.

I then insisted (and got) a letter confirming I was now on agreed value in addition to them sending the certificate showing that

I don't trust them anymore at all to honour anything not legally binding and confirmed in writing

so does anyone know a book price for a 1982 series 3 cl landrover

Wasn't I about to buy it from you? I seem to remember we'd agreed a cash price of £3k hadn't we? :-D

Probably best not actually, I think that's fraud...:rolleyes:

And yes, they are now a crap company. They've messed up mine and Nick's insurance this year and still haven't managed to straighten it out. FJ here we come!

- Mike

well had a final offer from the insurance company today:argh: they offered me £500

£50 to keep baby and £100 excess which i can claim back eventually so will have a qheque for £350 within next two weeks:(

lucally i have had a couple of jobs come in for next week so financley i should be able to get the new one done in time:n00b:

it looks like 24hr working when the new one gets here

paperwork will probably take longer

IN a case like this, as you were not at fault, the third party's insurer should put you back into the position that you were in before.

Do some digging about on ebay and autotrader and get ads for similar LRs that have sold and show this to them and tell them to revise the offer. Never, ever accept the first offer.

Any land Rover that it T&T'd is worth four figures!

David - it's not just historic vehicles they try that crap on; My 405 GLXD got nicked from my garage (under the flats, remote controlled gate, someone must have snuck in); the bunch at Lloyd's offered me a shedload under the market value, this after dragging their feet to almost six months:argh:

Shortly after the insurers started their "oh it's not worth snot, mate" palava, the car was recovered by the old bill (who nicked the bugger driving it, luckily), and of course the Lloyd's morons administratively wrote it off - unfortunately for them, by then I'd complained to the AA, and had warned of legal action. The AA then went to work on the insurers, and once they'd given me the dosh I wanted, the AA dropped the Lloyd's morons like a hot rock :evil:

Hope the above helps :)

if anybodys insurance is coming up for renewal try www.cherishedcarinsurance.co.uk micheal chamberlin, he covers vintage, classic cars, tractors, commercial, transporters, motorcycles and miltary you deal with him direct and he does not do any other insurance as far as i know and he is cheaper phone number is 01252713148

graham

YUP,.........I'll go along with the above,........was with R/sure last year, but premium jumped upon renewal,..also they started to qyibble about agreed value,........they already had pics;.........phoned around, inc FJ, .........ended up contacting the above,.........came up with a cheaper quote than from FJ...........and a MUCH cheaper quote than from R.sure. :-D

My policy, strangly enough is with same insurance company that R.sure insured me with,........as I say, at a greatly reduced premium,....for same cover, inc agreed value.

Well worth a call, in my 'umble opinion :):)

Andy

• 9 months later...

I shouldn't say this but, there I was driving in my old TR7 through Ash (Nr Sandwich) on the way to Canterbury when a Volvo (looked like the one here) drove straight out of a car park smacked into the side of my Triumph, spun me around ...

The whole of his front exploded - I suppose its the anti crash system - his bumper and what looked like various panels were left on the road. My Triumph, well, it need a bit of T-Cut. There's a message there somewhere!

well peeved off today

had the insurance people on the phone today and baby has been classed as a write off but i can buy it as spares but i would not be able to use it as a complete vehicle again as they wont insure it

so now on the look out for a cheap 109 or 110

a very unhappy bunny right now

I would be unhappy enough to Talk to a Blue Uniform with an Allegation of 'Driving without Due Care' to pile on the inconvienience of the other party being 'Blind'!.....:argh: