Just got the insurance renewal through.....

ArtistsRifles

From a certain insurance company that was taken over recently. last years bill for the Stalwart and the Landrover was £136.

This year they want £440.01 - AND - they won't accept the OT-90 after having accepted it and charged me £36 a couple of months ago!! When I queried it on the phone they said that KGM won't issue any figures because there is (apparently) still a personal injury claim going through and the new mob they'd quoted with, Chaucer Insurance, won't touch tracked armour.

Suffice it to say I'm pee'd off in the extreme!! :argh::argh::argh:

One thing I forgot to mention - the recovery service seems to have been dropped as there was no mention of it on the renewal (last year it was a seperate entry on the list of costs) and when I asked on the phone the person the other end basically ignored the question.

I really think the service from this company has gone to pot since they were taken over!!! :-( :-(

One of these days I shall get to play with the OT!! Right now - collection and delivery to Gt Yeldham is scheduled for the 7th June. Should get a chance to play a bit then.

One thing I forgot to mention - the recovery service seems to have been dropped as there was no mention of it on the renewal (last year it was a seperate entry on the list of costs) and when I asked on the phone the person the other end basically ignored the question.

Neil,

I renewed my insurance with same company yesterday, premium about the same as last time......and they still do the recovery scheme, it was on the renewal letter, and when I renewed over the phone, I was offered the option.

Hmmmmm....

To be honest Richard - I got the feeling over the phone that, following last Octobers incident, they really didn't want my business any more. Might just have been the attitude of the person on the phone and/or me being overly sensitive - I've no idea really - but either way, they lost it!!!

It's a shame as, prior to the take over if I had to ring them the person I spoke to was always keen and reasonably knowledgeable about the vehicles. When I added the OT a couple of moinths ago I specifically told them it was an APC yet the one on the phone today insisted it was a tank and would not have it any other way. God only knows what she would have made of the Stalwart..... :confused:

I was expecting a figure around the £250 mark as the system works on a "percentage of the vehicles value" basis and the OT is currently worth around £26K as the bills stand currently.

£440 is - to me - extracting the urine!!!!! :argh:

Edited by ArtistsRifles

I renewed mine back in March with the same company as the OP.Mine went from £390-£524.That was for a Ferret,Jeep,101,110.I took out the vehicle recovery policy,which when the docs came through was not on it.Phoned again,and got the confirmation through.I then asked them for agreed value on the Jeep and 101.I was told i needed to submit 6 photos of each vehicle.Fair enough....,then £80 additional admin costs.What the f**k!..It was much better when it was originally A.C. Miles.I think this will be my last year with them.

I didn't like renewal price quoted,..phoned around and ended up going with Cherished Car Insurance.

They offered same policy, with same company squids less.

less overheads and flashy advertisments to pay for, I guess.

contact me for guys details,........(no website.)

Andy

just had my reminder in from roadsure, breakdown service,£54.00

thank you very much.

had to use them last year, good service, same price.

and here would be a big smilie face.

but i dont know how to do that, so just imagine it .