Hello from Bisbee Arizona

mike16

hello, I'm from Bisbee Arizona. I am just starting to get into the military vehicle end of the business. Enourmous numbers of military vehicles around. Lots of rust free stuff. My other interests are anything aviation, Pontiacs and Chevy and GMC trucks. I lived in England back in the 70's as a child and have always had the greatest memories from that time. I remember their being WWII military vehicles all over England, Scotland, Holland ,France and Belguim back them and it always facinated me.

Currently I'm looking at a 1.5 ton Chevy Cargo truck. Been watching it for a long time. I'm hoping to buy it in the next couple of months. We'll see. Until then I gues I'm a spectator.

Sorry about the spelling, Not only did I go to public school but I taught there too:)

Many thanks for the introduction Mike and great to have you here.

Make youself at home but lights out at 21:00 please.

Best wishes.

Jack.

Jack really means 23.00 and the bar won't close, it's so he can have a lock in:yay:

Hey Mike16,

Since reading your post I've spent most of the day in a state of incomprehension just wandering around repeating "rust free", "rust free". Sounds like truck heaven. Stuff here rusts before your very eyes.

Welcome Bisbee, the antipedian forum is making great headway, we can swop you a Catweazle for Perentie, he even comes with his own boat!. Do you have military bicycles down there?

:confused::confused::confused: Tony,

Did you fail your geography at school ? Arizona is not in Australia or New Zealand.............its in the USA ( which is not the antipodese ) :-D

Welcome Bisbee, the antipedian forum is making great headway, we can swop you a Catweazle for Perentie, he even comes with his own boat!. Do you have military bicycles down there?

Arizona.....Antipodes....Have I missed something, wheres George Bush in all this:confused:

Did you fail your geography at school ? Arizona is not in Australia or New Zealand.............its in the USA ( which is not the antipodese ) :-D

Yeah comes of working shifts, brain in one time zone, body in another :-\ It was really a test to make sure we are not being infilitrated by undesirable elements.Mind you as we all know , such efforts fail miserably.

(now going to google earth, if I can find earth)

Originally Posted by Tony B

Careful how you answer that one mate - you really don't want to get Tony started on the Lycra business..... :shocked: :shocked:

I am with Tony on this - I too thought Mike was from Oz - I was going to say something about Neighbours (you know, me being funny and all) flipping good job I did't otherwise I would of looked stupid :coffee:

....phew, think I got away with that one

Welcome again Mike - please send as much petrol/gas over as you can - we need it.

A friend of mine swears by a satnav, which we call Satbitch because "she" gets on our nerves when she goes random en France. Navving the Somme or Flanders is something I prefer to do with a map because I've drawn so many extra bits on mine (IGN blue series). But the new software transferring all the trench maps on to a sat system (the software is 250 quid) is bloody amazing using one of those palm thingies and I am sorely tempted. I am fifty next year and it could be an ideal present from my adoring family, if they haven't left by then. The French army maps are being added this year. This sort of technology I appreciate...my temperamental Panasonic dvd player, I do not.

MB

That sounds interesting Mark, I will have to look into some of this modern stuff as I have just had a so called 'landmark' birthday but stopped my family buying anything until something turned up that I wanted. I have never felt the need for satnav as I am lucky in being blessed with a good sense of direction and the ability to look at a map, pick a route and then just go which stood me in good stead in over 2 million miles of truck driving.