So you think you are clever...2

Jack

Definitely Scammell Pioneer

Can't you just pretend to be wrong sometimes - just once - just for me :cry::cry:

Yes it is a really beauty and belongs to Tim from the IOW. I was just amazed at the difference between British and US engineering - just look at how complex the accelerator is........

Can't you just pretend to be wrong sometimes - just once - just for me :cry::cry:

Yes it is a really beauty and belongs to Tim from the IOW. I was just amazed at the difference between British and US engineering - just look at how complex the accelerator is........

Umm, I said Pioneer earlier.....

Yes I noticed that Adrian, it was so obviously a Pioneer I couldn't understand why Jack ignored, thought he must be miffed since you got it straight away:-D

Sorry - have had my mind on others things this week :argh:

what is the function of the lever with the polished brass handle ? Seems to be a heck of stop using that wooden block !

Something that I drove 30 years ago had a ratchet-up handbrake (Scorpion?) which required a handful of cranks on a handbrake that looked remarkably like the lever you ask about, and the only thought I had about this thread was, "That lever reminds me of the handbrake of something I once drove."

My guess is the wooden block is to stop the ratchet handbrake from smacking the bodywork during application.

Or a meringue?