Scammell Explorer Gallery

The thought had crossed my mind Bernard !:-D I do know a couple of places I could get the cab !

I would strongly advise you so follow your first instincts on this and get on with sourcing the parts, dare to be different, there's loads of ordinary Explorers about!

Alternatively, just bring all the relevant parts down to my place and take away my cab in return!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is a long-winded way of you getting around to showing us a photo of the fourth one lurking in the back of your shed, Tom, please just get on with it :cool2:

Your clumsy attempt to distract attention from long suspected presence of the 'missing' fourth one languishing in your own massive complex of sheds has backfired. Jack has agreed to issue a Forum Search Warrant. We will all be arriving at your place just as soon as we can drag Andy away from working on Daisy.

Does anyone know if any of the seven wide cabbed Constructors that were supplied to the New Zealand Army under contract no. GHYP5678/089gf/34sg7 in 1958 have survived ?

sc00025aea.jpg

It was 1957 actually, sorry to be so pedantic, they can usually be identified by the badly made chain lockers and most had a problem with oil mist blowing out of the breathers beneath the cab.

Edited by gritineye

Your clumsy attempt to distract attention from long suspected presence of the 'missing' fourth one languishing in your own massive complex of sheds has backfired. Jack has agreed to issue a Forum Search Warrant. We will all be arriving at your place just as soon as we can drag Andy away from working on Daisy.

Does anyone know if any of the seven wide cabbed Constructors that were supplied to the New Zealand Army under contract no. GHYP5678/089gf/34sg7 in 1958 have survived ?

sc00025aea.jpg

16281.gif

If this is a long-winded way of you getting around to showing us a photo of the fourth one lurking in the back of your shed, Tom, please just get on with it :cool2:

No but what he has obviously got a very rare copy of the misprinted CKD Explorer and Constructor assembly manual that gave rise to these hybrid Scammells!

sc00025aea.jpg

Now, where were we..... oh yes, Scammell Explorers.

On this Korean site is BKJ 5T. Do we know this one ? Is it on Gritineye's list of all known Explorers ? Can anyone translate the thirty, or so, comments that have been left at the bottom of the page......... I'd love to know what these Koreans thought of one of Watford's Masterpieces.

Are these 'photos already on this thread ? Something familiar about either the Scammell or the location. Obviously, this being the HMVF, I'm not expecting thirty replies but if someone can answer these burning questions I'd appreciate it. Thanks.:)

Korean website on this link.

http://kr.blog.yahoo.com/shinecommerce/16936.html?p=8&t=2

img_29_16936_0.jpg

img_29_16936_1.jpg

img_29_16936_2.jpg

img_29_16936_3.jpg

img_29_16936_5.jpg

Come on young fella, keep awake at the back there! OK, what are you looking at under the desk? It had better not be a mucky Scammell book or I will have to confiscate it and hand it to headmaster NOS for safe keeping! :nono:

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?t=7057&page=76

The owner of that Explorer drove it down from Darby to Bordon just for the day, his name escapes me but he was very enthusiastic and certainly knew how to drive it!

In the fourth pic, extreme right, I can be seen Videoing it all for the benefit of HMVF members, just as the mudflap tore off.

Something went wrong...

Edited by gritineye

OK, what are you looking at under the desk? It had better not be a mucky Scammell book or I will have to confiscate it and hand it to headmaster NOS for safe keeping! :nono:

Thank you for reminding me that you still have my copies of "Over 50's Scammells" and "Barely Legal Scammells". Please return them.......in good condition. (NOT like the last one !)harhar.gif

Can anyone translate the thirty, or so, comments that have been left at the bottom of the page......... I'd love to know what these Koreans thought of one of Watford's Masterpieces.

You asked for it! :shocked: i don't think they went off topic at all either :-D

Printing | Recommendation | Scrap

Answer writing charge/hiding, Answer writing writing (27)

In six that ^^ where is today when opposes as far as possible in one bodies; ;

Above writing the initially different writing, [hwun] this important matter. The very day tries drops in and goes on well. - [hwun] This important matter around freezing, [hwun] - only bay

I type the [ni] neck am better _ also am made to know the different military truck stylishly. Thanks

Our country six public road mountain areas hangs well the [cyo]… When truth the bay escaped a little and [nang] that route falls every of the time when passes the strength which is other on rear was frightened and….

Will write likely that and the British driveway the [ni] which is… plentifully is moving

There made be a possibility even from the hilly terrain of running and was made to devise

Is good

Thing one is like that has and ......

Is strange.

This world becoming study, is [e] and draws eagerly should to do

The needle peels cannot but is difficult, visor damage

Takes out and the sound which always hears

Cries yellow

What?? That our country six plunger mountain areas burns well? Also the hill route does be too much for…

Is an absurd buffer spring!! where

3456 spreads out or do well from like that end or wild [nu] many sides you what to cut, is, is like that end?

The [me] getting torn,

Is strange.

Monster

Being limitless characteristic

With that thing there is a recovery vehicle even to our army will raise and the route more Kim ~

Usefully quite, will make well, [ess] the army woman. ^^; ; ;

With the general vehicle the straight line where the wheel rises differently knows four?

Will be material in Korean terrain.

The wheel of the vehicle the sagebrush sagebrush sees the fact that goes out in lower part show in off road ease army

The U.S. army [hem] [cwik] is inhuman. The army time team soup [lis] training crooked [cyo] us 60 trucks from the riverside camp the dog will cry while moving to be caught and the highway the whirlpool which cannot rear the U.S. army which follows [hem] expense (is an emptiness [me],) does the vehicle inclination goes the thing put on between pebble watch [thay] who falls. Yelled us and the lower-grade turning over [keyss] army which soaks did but the acrobatics which will break does to fall into.

Our country small size public corporation public ring room [khwu] which sells with the dump which wears out the similar it two that degree does not ascend all

In the rice field the truth will be good in fertilizer loading carrying

I think this is the funniest thing I have seen in ages :rofl:

Edited by gritineye

You asked for it! :shocked: i don't think they went off topic at all either :-D

I think this is the funniest thing I have seen in ages :rofl:

"Ah, deep joy, the allwheeliedriving slowcoachy Scammelleylode oilgurglything"

Showing my age a bit here....

Stanley Unwin.jpg

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
"Ah, deep joy, the allwheeliedriving slowcoachy Scammelleylode oilgurglything"

Showing my age a bit here....

:rofl::rofl::rofl:Thats set me up for the day,weathers crap :-D

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Wall to wall sunshine up here CW, makes a change its usually just p.....g down:-D

Stayed grey all day,got fed up took the axle out of the champ:shocked::sweat:

Stayed grey all day,got fed up took the axle out of the champ:shocked::sweat:

In between lambing stripped down a fertiliser spinner to rebuild it, Stihl saw came in handy as needless to say most bolts seized solid.